Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N55 Ballymahon to Athlone

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi, I found out the hard way this section of the N55 was closed last week. Anyone know when it'll be open again, or if it is open? Had a look on the council website and can't find any mention of it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I found out the hard way

^Typical of the local council.

They have the road block set up right where the road meets Ballymahon causing all kinds of jams. They're working on 2 bridges between Ballymahon and Tang, as far as I know the first bridge took a week and they've just started on the second one so it'll probably be re-opened towards the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

Its a complete nightmare... I found out the hard way myself last Friday, took me over an hour to get from Longford town to Athlone I.T.

They should have flagged the diversion before Ballymahon so that people could have taken alternative routes...

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

They don't seem to like doing things that make sense.
    it took us nearly an hour to get from Athlone to Ballymahon.

The local council in the area are completely useless, you can't rely on them for anything only to do the opposite of what seems practical.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The N55 is a death trap. It needs to be completely rebuilt, widened and realigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kevtherev1

N55 between Athlone and Ballymahon just having recent public consultations about the proposed new road route. Several route options and a final route has still to be determined. I might check out the Center Parks resort myself in late 2019. Sounds like a great relaxing holiday resort when it is built.

Link to the latest article here.

https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/310970/public-consultations-held-over-n55-ballymahon-athlone-route.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement