Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent, reasonably priced hairdresser?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Can anyone reccommend one? Please!
    My auld gruaige needs doing but prices around town seem crazy. Am I just a tight arse?
    My niece used to do it as a 'thank you' job but she has pissed off to Australia, how dare she! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It depends on how much you think is reasonable. How much would you find reasonable to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I just used Peter Marks for a colur and cut. €64. A lot of haridressers haven't seemed to have dropped their prices.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

femur61 wrote: »
    I just used Peter Marks for a colur and cut. €64. A lot of haridressers haven't seemed to have dropped their prices.

That's because people are still willing to pay €64 for a colour and a cut.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Incognita

I was looking for a wash, cut and blowdry... 40E I would say is reasonable? Not willing to pay 50+ though.

Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places. I was in Peter Marks before and didn't like it, I was herded out the door as quick as they could possibly do it. They had no interest.

I just want somewhere decent really, with good service. I'm a bit concious of my hair atm, I had a baby not too long ago and bits have broken off/fallen out etc. :(

The hairdressers at the back of the Village Inn and MacDonalds are competent. I can't think of their name off hand.

If you go out of town it is much cheaper. There is an excellent place in Callan, across and up the street from Supervalu. Also an excellent lady out in Kells and another one in Stoneyford who trained at Kieran O'Gormons. Belinda in the Hair Salon in the Newpark Hotel is also very good and her rates were reasonable the last time I went there. Most of the places in town don't seen to realise there is a recession on so business is obviously brisk. You could try student evening in Peter Marks as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Newpark Hotel hairdressers gone ages ago. It was the same price as his place in town. He himself charges €75 for a haircut!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Who's the one in Kells? (or where in Kells?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I honestly don't know how women pay so much for a haircut, if i pay over 10e I honestly feel robbed

Wisco wrote: »
    Who's the one in Kells? (or where in Kells?)

Mairead Sheridan. Her place is on the Haggart Road just down from the side entrance of the Priory Bar. If you can't find it, ask in the pub or the shop. Book in advance though as she is kept very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Incognita wrote: »
    Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places. I was in Peter Marks before and didn't like it, I was herded out the door as quick as they could possibly do it. They had no interest.

I just want somewhere decent really, with good service. I'm a bit concious of my hair atm, I had a baby not too long ago and bits have broken off/fallen out etc. :(

Try The Cutting Room on John St:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cutting-Room/301005423579?ref=ts#!/pages/The-Cutting-Room/301005423579?v=wall

I am a satisfied customer but he does Ladies' hair too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Incognita

Thanks everyone.
    I was having a wander around McDonagh Junction on Friday and saw that the Peter Marks in there had 20% off, so I said out of desperation, I'd chance my arm amd see if I'd get an appointment. They were lovely and I got an appointment for yesterday afternoon, which I was really surprised about a everywhere would normally be booked up!

To cut a long story short, I'm delighted. For 32.50 I had great service, they were really friendly and had lovely massaging chair while they wash your hair - bonus! haha

Definitely a world away from my last experience of Peter Marks, the one in Market cross. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Incognita wrote: »

To cut a long story short:

Brilliant!

Advertisement