Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Anti Malwear i have no idea what it is or how to fix it

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

My windows security center has Anti Malwear which has recently turned itself off and isnt responding , i dont really understand what it is. but i cant click on anything no matter what i do it wont respond, i cant turn it back on. Any help would be great really in over my head here
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is it giving any error code ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

No, i have since been able to turn it back on but as well as that everytime i turn my laptop on the Malwear has turned itself off and i have turn it back on. I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

download malwarebytes from here.....http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

update its definitions and do a quick scan in safe mode.
    enter safe mode on start up by hitting the f2 key or del key a few times fast.
    you may have to try another fnumber key f those dont work, it just depands what make your computer is thats all.

if there is any problems malwarebytes will find them.

also you could download superantispyware and scan with that too.

both are free and very good for finding problems.

oh yeah, when you get to safe mode you will have options for safe mode, safe mode with networking etc.
    use the arrow keys to go to safe mode and hit enter to run.

after scanning your pc with both products, download Ccleaner from here
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

run ccleaner and scan your registry for leftover junk files from and malware malwarebytes has found.

Advertisement