Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Internet Settings Help

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi!

I've just unlocked a INQ Chat 3g that was on 3 in england and i can put my irish o2 sim in it now, it works fine its just that i cant get the o2 internet set up, i tried to put in these settings from a different thread:

"O2 ISP

APN for prepay: pp.internet -or- internet
    APN for billpay: open.internet -or- internet

Extra Initialisation Strings: (may be required if using your phone as a modem)
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet" (if hardware error results, then remove. AT at begining may not be required on some devices)

number: *99#
    user/pass: not required

Leave any other options to "auto" or "automatically retrieve" or "retrieve from server" or just blank."

I Only put in the "APN for prepay" coz i think that all i cud enter, what is the "Extra Initialisation Strings" & the "number: *99# user/pass: not required" ???? where do i put them in??

does anybody have a INQ Chat 3g unlocked that got the internet working?

please help if you can as the internet is the main reason i bought and unlocked the fone, thank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

o2 have no pre pay add on for internet so it would be a lot cheaper run it with a 3 ireland sim. All the features like skype etc will work, they won't work on o2 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

Davy wrote: »

thanks alot for that im waiting for the settings to come ill let you know if it works

o2 have no pre pay add on for internet so it would be a lot cheaper run it with a 3 ireland sim. All the features like skype etc will work, they won't work on o2 for you.

thanks for the reply, so you mean that o2 dont got any internet deals like top up monthly and get unlimited internet time??
    im aware that skype wont work i dont really care bout it but i ordered my free 3 sim just in case i do wanna switch.

another thing is when i try and log onto twitter and face book apps it says that im roaming, why is this when the fone is unlocked??

jdunne08 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, so you mean that o2 dont got any internet deals like top up monthly and get unlimited internet time??
    im aware that skype wont work i dont really care bout it but i ordered my free 3 sim just in case i do wanna switch.

another thing is when i try and log onto twitter and face book apps it says that im roaming, why is this when the fone is unlocked??

o2 have data plans but for billpay customers. Because you are not on a three network, thats why your getting the message. The handset is unlocked, but it still contains the three firmware on it. The unlock allows you to use a different sim, to get the firmware removed, is called debranding.

• Advertisement

o2 have data plans but for billpay customers. Because you are not on a three network, thats why your getting the message. The handset is unlocked, but it still contains the three firmware on it. The unlock allows you to use a different sim, to get the firmware removed, is called debranding.

thanks, can i debrand it myself?? and will that get rid of the roaming messages?

or is it just easier to switch to three?

jdunne08 wrote: »
    thanks, can i debrand it myself?? and will that get rid of the roaming messages?

or is it just easier to switch to three?

No, you cant really im afraid. You can still use it on o2, but they are designed for three

No, you cant really im afraid. You can still use it on o2, but they are designed for three

oh ok do you know how i can update the firmware? Because i read that i need the latest software to apply network settings?

you can read it here, just check no 2.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f112/why-you-pay-2-unlock-inq-1112205/#post6439688

Advertisement