Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stay safe in the dark

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I give my dog a run early in the morning before work,because he is black he soon disappears into the dark, i needed a high viz collar for him and couldn't find what i needed in the pet shops, a friend of mine picked up a reflective arm band i ALDI for me .it has 4 little bulbs powered by a small coin battery, so now i can see him from a distance, if you walk your dog in a badly lit area put one of these on him and you'll be seen from a distance,if you have a large dog like me you can extend it with a bit of velcro, before you ask i don't know how much they are, but knowing ALDI they must be cheap,JUST A LITTLE TIP TO KEEP YOU AND YOUR DOG SAFE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

You can buy the lightweight hi viz jackets for dogs in the 2 Euro shops. They are sized small to medium. The large is loose on my Springers, so would probably go up to a lab. Great value and comfortable enough on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Yep I've got a hi vis vest for my black lab x, in fact he was wearing it yesterday evening on our walk as it was very foggy. I get a few funny looks from non dog owners but I think he looks tres chic in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Grat idea. will def look into it for my 3. Anything that keeps them safe is well worth what ever the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 11 agentreid

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Yep I've got a hi vis vest for my black lab x, in fact he was wearing it yesterday evening on our walk as it was very foggy. I get a few funny looks from non dog owners but I think he looks tres chic in it.

if you got a few funny looks with the jacket then try the armband, the lights have two settings, on and blinking.the blinking will definately get a few stares.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

On ebay you can find a lot of collar led lights. I got one from my vet last month. It's absolutely fantastic thing, i can see my dog even if he is 100-200m from me. it's good for me, safe for my dog and other walkers;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement