If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUOTE FOR SPEAKERS

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there, first timer on boards, need some information please,
    I have a pioneer SCLX71,BDP51FD,KURO46LCD and no speakers, left them until last, can you give me some advise as to what are the best speakers to complement the above, unfortunately my buget is sub 1000 so i need to choose well, I have been looking at monitor br's and kef c series packages with the option to upgrade to 7.1 also Q Acoustics Cinema Pack 2000 and Wharfedale Diamond 10, too many to choose from. can you help narrow it down for me? my room size is 22 x 15 ft with 9ft ceilings, also I'm not very partial to style speakers, also can you give me your best price for any of the pack's above with post to clare,tks. look forward to your reply tks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hey Joc.

The most popular pack that we would do at present is the Monitor Audio BX pack and out of the packs that you mentioned, would be our recommendation.

The Kef's we don't stock, the Wharfedales we only special order and the Q acoustics just don't have the same finish or performance compared to the MA's.

We do stock the Wharfedale Diamond 10's and if you compare the new BX2's to these, they are very different speakers. The BX2's have a lot more detail and are better balance than the Diamonds but the Diamonds tend to have a slightly bigger bottom end. The 10's are good speakers and as a package, it's a pretty good pack.

The MA system could consist of BX2's on the front, BXFX (or BX1's) on the rear, BX LCR and BXW10.

I'll PM you a price on this package and let me know what you think.

I hope this helps, but if you decide on any of the other packs, let me know and I can get pricing on these also.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joc3640

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the info, pm sent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.