Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking some advice/guidance/moral support.

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I haven't made many posts on this site but am desperately seeking advice on a matter. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.Obviously for many reasons I am not using this solely as a one stop shop to sorting out this problem and I more than likely will see a solicitor in the next few days, I just need some kind of information as I haven't been able to speak to anyone out of complete embarassment and shame. A few days ago whilst at work I received a call from someone I live with stating my house had been entered by the Gardai acting on a search warrant on suspicion of sale/supply of drugs. Firstly I am not and never have been involved in the sale/ supply of drugs. The gardai searched my room and found a very small amount of cannabis approximately a quarter of a gram. As I was not in the house I had no contact with them. They did not leave a copy of the warrant or any details ( a card or their name) The residents in the house did not get any details from them either as they were in shock understandably due to their treatment by the guards in question both uniformed and undercover guards. I would like to know if anyone could let me know what they think I should do. At present I have not been questioned by or been in contact with any guards I have also never been arrested. Should I go to the station they are from and request the guards detailsand a copy of the warrant , should I seek advice from a solicitor as I have not done anything too serious apart from possesing a personal amount of cannabis or should I just forget about the event. Even though I was not present at the time the thing has had a huge impact on me over the last few days and I am having a lot of trouble sleeping and am feeling stressed out. I have not told anyone about this except for my best friend and they were unable to provide me with advice. I really hope someone can help me out with this one and I would appreciate any kind of advice I can get as I am quite nervous and extremely lost as I have never had anything like this happen to me or anybody I know.

Thanks for reading and thanks to all who comment . I read the sticky in relation to posting rules and I hope this is within the boundaries of acceptable posts if not is there anywhere else either on boards or another irish site that I should use.

Stephen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

You say that you smoke dope and the police found a bit so by deduction you are involved with illegal drugs (albeit on a personal and small level). I'm not being judgemental here but what is your issue?The Gardai must have gotten some information somewhere that you might be in possession and they acted on that and were somewhat "successful". You came under their radar and that's it.

Really what advice can anyone give you now? I could probably state the obvious but I leave people to make up their own individual choices regarding what they put into their bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stephen_dublin

yes i do and as you state it is in a personal small quantity. I was just under the impression maybe falsely that in order for them to obtain a warrant and bring 6 members of the force to a house that they would be under the belief that you would be involved in a larger scale, which is extremely worrying for me. I just haven't been able to talk to anyone about it yet and just thought it may b useful to see if others could give me theire advice. I appreciate what you are saying though and have since completly rid myself of all things drug related.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If you are really worred about it, go see a solicitor.

For all I know, it could be that your housemates stole it from your room, smoked it and made up a story to keep you onside.

Oh, and by the way, don't do drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Just forget about it and take it as a lesson learned. If you shoul receive a summons or a call from a Garda then by all means contact a solicitor. There's no point claiming your innocence. Users are just as bad as dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

k_mac wrote: »
    Users are just as bad as dealers.

:D:D:D:D:D.:rolleyes:

I think your opinion sucks just like the laws of this land regarding possession of drugs for personal use.The drug gangs wouldnt be making any money from the sales of drugs if it wasnt for fuktards who refuse to realise its the 21st century and its a waste of effort trying to regulate what people put in there own body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Ah would ye ever cop yourselves on (last two posters). Start up a thread somewhere about the war on drugs and its various merits or demerits or something and be on topic within it.

OP you may receive a summons you may not. There is pretty much nothing you can usefully do to affect this unless you want to admit guilt of possession at this stage and put yourself in the way of an adult caution.

You can't talk that option out properly on an internet forum (because you'll get a whole pile of wrong or misconceived advice and apparently some off-topic bickering) but you can do so with a solicitor, which, if you are this concerned about what has happened, is the only thing you can do.

Your option is to await a summons, which may never happen. If it did happen, presuming what you say is accurate and complete, a person in that position would not be expected to go to prison, or even to receive a conviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Ah would ye ever cop yourselves on (last two posters). Start up a thread somewhere about the war on drugs and its various merits or demerits or something and be on topic within it.
    Fair enough Mod.

EDIT:oh your not a mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Reloc8 wrote: »

OP you may receive a summons you may not. There is pretty much nothing you can usefully do to affect this unless you want to admit guilt of possession at this stage and put yourself in the way of an adult caution.

You can't talk that option out properly on an internet forum (because you'll get a whole pile of wrong or misconceived advice and apparently some off-topic bickering) but you can do so with a solicitor, which, if you are this concerned about what has happened, is the only thing you can do.

Your option is to await a summons, which may never happen. If it did happen, presuming what you say is accurate and complete, a person in that position would not be expected to go to prison, or even to receive a conviction.

I wasn't going on a moral crusade. I just mean there is no point giving out because you were caught with just a little bit. Legally it's basically just quantity you're caught with that seperates the dealers and users.

Advertisement