Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Visa Checks with case sruck out

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was arrested 10 years ago for 2 public order offences ....went to court and both were struck out by the judge due to tampering of charge sheets by the Garda.

Did not declare these on the visa aplication form as said no to the question 'were you ever arrested' as the case was struck out

Now have to go to embassy for a visa interview and am worried about the outcome if they come up on a check as I siad 'No' to the arrest question.

Had a previous visa post the incident (~8 years ago) as I said 'No' before to the same question and had no issues at the time.....not sure if systems are moe up to date now??....or was I just lucky

any thougts?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

geebag12 wrote: »
    Now have to go to embassy for a visa interview and am worried about the outcome if they come up on a check as I siad 'No' to the arrest question.

Please search the forum (including the North American) forum for similar questions which pop up almost every week these days. Are all the Irish criminals? :p

I went through the same process as you (it was a L1 visa). But they didn't ask me if I had ever been arrested, they asked if I had been arrested for specific types of crimes, of which a public order offence wasn't one.
    Also the US officials don't have access to the Garda records.

It's really up to you if you mention them or not. I guess you aren't seeing as you didn't the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Have you got the policerecord yet they want for US visas? If so, what does itsay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

silja wrote: »
    Have you got the policerecord yet they want for US visas? If so, what does itsay?

Police reports are only needed for immigrant visas though so he might not have had to get one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that we cannot give legal advice on this forum. You may wish to consult with the US Embassy in Dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

geebag12 wrote: »
    Did not declare these on the visa aplication form as said no to the question 'were you ever arrested' as the case was struck out

You weren't asked was the case struck out. you were asked were you arrested. this can seriously work against you if they do discover the arrests.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement