Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reurning from NZ, want to claim tax back?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:59pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi people who are probably more informed about this stuff than I am, my GF and I are returning from NZ in a couple of weeks and we're trying to find out how to claim our tax back from work?

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who have done this before so where do we start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tracybal

Hi

If you go to the Inland Revenue office whereever you are in New Zealand, fill out the forms they give you, it will usually take about 8 weeks or so to get your tax back, its easier to do it before you leave and you don't have to pay a fee if you decide to use Taxback.

The only thing is they will only pay into your NZ bank account so you have to transfer money from your account to your Irish account, I had no problems transferring money back.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Helps a lot! Just gotta find out about transferring the money back now, since we'll be in Ireland by the time our tax is credited back.

Advertisement