Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant

Options
  • 13-10-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Where do i pick it up :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

If you live in any of the Dublin Country Councils you get the money lodged directly into your bank account ('cause Dublin is fantastic and modern and therefore deserves special treatment). However, if you don't live in Dublin you have to drag your tired corpse all the way the the Student Dest in the Tierney Building and rot in the long long queues before getting your lovely money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If you live in any of the Dublin Country Councils you get the money lodged directly into your bank account ('cause Dublin is fantastic and modern and therefore deserves special treatment). However, if you don't live in Dublin you have to drag your tired corpse all the way the the Student Dest in the Tierney Building and rot in the long long queues before getting your lovely money.

More councils than Dublin pay directly into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Mine was put straight into my account today.oh the joys of having money for once. :D

Looked at my account balance today, it just went up by ~€470.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

You already got your grants? I didn't :eek:

Lucet wrote: »
    You already got your grants? I didn't :eek:

It depends, usually people who are in 2 year plus get the grant faster because they filled out all the paperwork during the summer before incoming students even got their LC results.

It depends, usually people who are in 2 year plus get the grant faster because they filled out all the paperwork during the summer before incoming students even got their LC results.

I'm in year 2 and I didn't got any papers from the dublin city council? :confused:

I'm in year 2 and I didn't got any papers from the dublin city council? :confused:

They didn't send you any paper work during the summer, no???:confused:

I suppose different councils have different procedures but in Fingal CoCo. they send you out renewal forms.

They didn't send you any paper work during the summer, no???:confused:

I suppose different councils have different procedures but in Fingal CoCo. they send you out renewal forms.

Nope, and my and 3rd party credit (1500 euro in fees) are already paid :confused: . So, I guess I will need to go to city council to sort it out. Any other documents I should bring there, so I don't need to run around the place for 5 times??

• Advertisement

Nope, and my and 3rd party credit (1500 euro in fees) are already paid :confused: . So, I guess I will need to go to city council to sort it out. Any other documents I should bring there, so I don't need to run around the place for 5 times??

Probable your P60, P45 (if you ceased employment in 2009) and P21. If you're dependent on your parents bring along a copy of their P60/P45 and P21 too. Also, if you received special forms of social welfare bring documentation of that too.

Probable your P60, P45 (if you ceased employment in 2009) and P21. If you're dependent on your parents bring along a copy of their P60/P45 and P21 too. Also, if you received special forms of social welfare bring documentation of that too.

Thanks! I think I have it all :) I hope I won't have any problems by coming there in mid-october :( . But I'm pissed off right now, checked all of my documents and all of my parents documents (because I was outside Ireland from July to mid August, so they might have got it and stored it somewhere, but no - nothing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, maintenance grant. Got a letter from the council last week, was excited because i though it was my acceptance/denial letter, turns out they wanted a P21. So basically i had to register for tax to get a form saying that i had never paid tax. Load of bollocks.

Gah, maintenance grant. Got a letter from the council last week, was excited because i though it was my acceptance/denial letter, turns out they wanted a P21. So basically i had to register for tax to get a form saying that i had never paid tax. Load of bollocks.

P21 is just a balancing statement, what did you have to register for?

Did you not apply last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Had to fill out a 12a form or something.

Nope first year applying.

On right, that explains it.

I couldn't neither get a P21 or supply accounts when i applied as i was technically self employed while working for someone under PAYE.

Advertisement