Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to sleep in Dublin Airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

well, at least you had the option of sleep... once, en route to thailand, we had to stop in Amsterdam airport, and there was a delay announced for the connecting flight. anyway, it would have been great to either catch a few winks, or at least know the time of the rescheduled flight so we could have spent a couple of hours in Amsterdam centre, as i'd not been before then... anyway... everytime you'd want to doze off, another announcement would be made to add another hour onto the flight.. it was a staggered delay... the WORST kind!!!

aaagh! but yeah, pretty much, airports are the WORST place to try and sleep... not only are there never any chairs, but those announcements through the loudspeaker are (im convinced) designed to be just loud enough to wake people up every ten minutes. sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If you have to jerk off in an airport as a means of aiding sleep can you be arrested for indecent exposure or such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Slept in Singapore Airport a few years back. They have one of those pay by the hour hotels there which was great. Pay for however many hours you want and they give you a wake up call about 10mins before your time is up.

The trick is to take the phone off the hook and have a nice free lie in...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LD

well, at least you had the option of sleep... once, en route to thailand, we had to stop in Amsterdam airport, and there was a delay announced for the connecting flight. anyway, it would have been great to either catch a few winks, or at least know the time of the rescheduled flight so we could have spent a couple of hours in Amsterdam centre, as i'd not been before then... anyway... everytime you'd want to doze off, another announcement would be made to add another hour onto the flight.. it was a staggered delay... the WORST kind!!!

I'd a great old sleep in Schipol coming back from a 'Dam trip, I think they locked the doors but let us stay. A middle-aged to old lady took pity on us and gave us money to buy Breakfast. Ledge.

Have any of the other regular Dam trippers noticed that there's a scrolling sign with really unsettling messages on it somewhere in the terminal? Like, kinda eerie stuff but it's hard to place why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LD

http://wn.com/Not_so_subliminal_messages_at_Schiphol_airport

Here it is. Try reading that after frying your brain in the dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

WindSock wrote: »
    I don't get why some Airports don't have rooms to sleep in. There was a good one in Seoul where there were mats on a floor in a dim room, and it also had a sauna in it for some reason. It was great to get a few hours kip in.
    I had a kip in one of those places in Hong Kong airport, it was great; little mat to sleep on and you could pay a couple of quid for a shower too. I can never sleep on planes so I'd been up for about 30 hours at that point and I regret that I swore horribly at the poor girl who came to wake me up. Hopefully she didn't speak english and thought that "Ahfuggoffouttaityab'ch" is English for "Thank you for waking me after my lovely nap".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Alpha Papa

orourkeda wrote: »
    If you have to jerk off in an airport as a means of aiding sleep can you be arrested for indecent exposure or such like.

Clearly only if your caught in the act! :D

Advertisement