Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro di Lombardia (now with spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

How did it finish-sprint, solo breakaway.....I recorded it on Eurosport but with the tennis running over I missed the last 30 km. The recording stopped shortly after Nibali narrowly avoided the faceplant on the left-hander. Conditions were savage and the surfaces on the descents were disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Gilbert put the hammer down when Nibali narrowly avoided said face-plant. Scarponi did well to bridge the gap to Phillip while the chasing group of Nibali, Fuglsang, Sanchez, Barredo et al didn't really get it together. Gilbert put it into the big ring and rode away from a tired-looking Scarponi near the top of the final climb and soloed in for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Thanks GC-a deserved win for him. Like Cancellara last year I think he deserved to win the World's as well but a poor tactical decision let him down after the selection was made. I predict he will have an even better year next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Gilbert put the hammer down when Nibali narrowly avoided said face-plant. Scarponi did well to bridge the gap to Phillip while the chasing group of Nibali, Fuglsang, Sanchez, Barredo et al didn't really get it together. Gilbert put it into the big ring and rode away from a tired-looking Scarponi near the top of the final climb and soloed in for the win.

scarponi missed a gear at the vital moment when gilbert soloed away

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

scarponi missed a gear at the vital moment when gilbert soloed away

True ednwireland but I think it unlikely he would have been able to follow anyway.
    "I lost two metres to Gilbert when he attacked and my chain jumped. I knew I'd never get them back. I was tired and suffering because I'd made a huge effort to get across to him." - Michele Scarponi

Advertisement