Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity PGDE application for 2011

Options
  • 14-10-2010 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am in the process of filling in the application forms and i have got to the end of the second page but when I try to go onto the next page its saying that the year I have entered as the year I will finish me degree which is 2011 is wrong! Wat can I do? I need to get onto the next stage!

Also wondering if anyone out there has got accepted to the PGDE in Trinity straight from their degree and with a 2.2 degree. I hve got a years teaching experience though! Do you think this will help in getting a place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Smic16 wrote: »
    I am in the process of filling in the application forms and i have got to the end of the second page but when I try to go onto the next page its saying that the year I have entered as the year I will finish me degree which is 2011 is wrong! Wat can I do? I need to get onto the next stage!

Also wondering if anyone out there has got accepted to the PGDE in Trinity straight from their degree and with a 2.2 degree. I hve got a years teaching experience though! Do you think this will help in getting a place?
    Don't understand the first part at all.

I would guess that a 2.2 mightn't be enough to get into the NUI colleges at the moment (I'm open to correction). However, as entry to PGDE in Trinity is largely interview based that might work in your favour if you can wow them. Teaching experience is what they like to hear so regail them with tales of how much you learned/gained form that year, how teaching is your passion and that you've wanted to get into the profession all your life etc etc etc . Demand for that course at the minute is massive, I believe.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goosewad

In answer to your first question - I imagine the problems is that applications haven't opened yet for this year!

I've heard of people with 2.2s getting accepted.

And, teaching experience no longer counts towards getting a place on any PGDE course. But in a Trinity interview I imagine having that behind you is only going to be an advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Phil0991

I am in my final year and only discovered the take my second year results. I have a 2.2 from 2nd year so do you think i have a chance with history as my teaching subject?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Phil0991 wrote: »
    I am in my final year and only discovered the take my second year results. I have a 2.2 from 2nd year so do you think i have a chance with history as my teaching subject?:rolleyes:
    Yes I'm sure that you do have a chance but it would probably do no harm to explain that you were disappointed with your second year result and that you are fully expecting to get at least a 2.1 this year. Get my drift? :cool:

Advertisement