Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it time to take to the streets yet?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its over-time. 'Nuff said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

No we have turned the corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Its not not time but it is so laughably over due.
    I'm free Friday if an angry mob want to take to the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I'm now only resigned and mildly irritated so I don't think I'd suit the baying mob....but good luck n'all.

I'm now only resigned and mildly irritated so I don't think I'd suit the baying mob....but good luck n'all.

We will keep your application on file and should a suitable position become available in the future, we won't call you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its four in the morning. At least wait until sunrise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

The-Rigger wrote: »
    We will keep your application on file and should a suitable position become available in the future, we won't call you.

Thanks for your rejection but due to my apathy I must ignore your indifference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

worded wrote: »

Ye gads! Some random blogger wrote something?

RABBLE RABBLE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Thanks for your rejection but due to my apathy I must ignore your indifference.

Pfft, this is how you respond to rejection..

• Advertisement

Ye gads! Some random blogger wrote something?

RABBLE RABBLE!

Similar things have been written in print if they are more to your liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Most young people would rather emigrate then try and fix this country/protest. Leaving the idiots who caused the mess/people who voted for them and the patriotic who love Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

sesna wrote: »
    No we have turned the corner

Isn't that four corners turned now? Leaving us right back where we started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

It's to late. Should have been on the streets two years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 seaniedearg

every friday at 11 oclock
    peaceful people with placards outside dail
    no fuss no noise just silent expression of protest

every friday from 11

every journey starts with just one step

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Predator_ wrote: »
    Most young people would rather emigrate then try and fix this country/protest. Leaving the idiots who caused the mess/people who voted for them and the patriotic who love Ireland.

There is no fixing this country, the crud in Ireland will rise to the top no matter what happens. The government is incompetent bordering on criminally so, the opposition is no better (and perhaps even worse as I believe FG would collapse immediately under any EU demands and abour would be worse as the EU wouldn't even have to make demands of them, they would willingly offer up as much as they can to their Continental overlords...God save us from a Labour dominated government). There is no light at the end of the tunnel and I reckon a good 75% of the Irish people, when it comes to an election, will never stray too far from FF, FG or Lab no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

This is how I feel about the politicians and bankers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

im all for taking to the streets but to be fair i think we should have some sort of a tribunal that will cost a few million before hand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

bonerm wrote: »
    Isn't that four corners turned now? Leaving us right back where we started.
    Pass go and collect 2€.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Piece in the link is pretty much spot on.
    What's happening with Anglo/Nama is nothing less than grand theft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Riddle101's journal 14th Oct 2010. Another thread on After Hours about the government and the banks, has lead me to reply. The country is afraid of me, i've seen it's true face. The banks are extended gutters, and the gutters are full of money, and when the banks run out. All the vermin will drown. The accumalated filth of all their lies and corruption will foam up around their waists, and all the politicians and bankers will look and shout, save us........ And I'll whisper...... NO

Advertisement