Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture - BArch to MArch

Options
  • 14-10-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I've started this thread to see what people have taken about the changes to the course. There seems to be some confusion as I know a third year who thinks she is getting a Bachelor of Science after this year and an MArch once she finishes. However I'm under the impression that there will only be an MArch available to the incoming first years next year. Also having years 4 and 5 as fee paying is not comforting. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lessismore

It'll be good in the flexibility it gives students making it easier to change direction without having to hang on for 5 or more years before you have something to show for your effort.

On the other hand it slightly devalues the existing BArch graduates (although not in any meaningful way IMO) - at least we got our qualification completely for free!

I think the modularisation of the course is a much more meaningful change meaning that it will be easier for people to repeat individual semesters and subjects. Also the change from one mammoth thesis year will be much fairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Although I'm a first year, my understanding is that it doesn't apply to me.

Advertisement