Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Parking - Fair Play

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There are loads of fields left in UCD. Feckin hippies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Got in at 8:25am this morning and couldn't get a space in the car park behind the church, I really doubt people are parking that far out to get the 46a. Seems to be much harder to get a space this year than last, hopefully things will improve as the year goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Hi all,

First time driving into UCD tomorrow morning, recently passed my test :D

Just wondering what time I will need to be in UCD for, like if I was in at 8.30 would that be early enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mloc wrote: »
    Was there not such a system in the past?

I think they had it when I was in first year (2002).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

LUPE wrote: »
    Hi all,

First time driving into UCD tomorrow morning, recently passed my test :D

Just wondering what time I will need to be in UCD for, like if I was in at 8.30 would that be early enough?

Generally you'll get parking up to 8.50 on the Quinn side. The N11 side will be fully coming up to 8.30 / 8.40.

Permit system and AVPR would solve the problem. Would cost a little but if we took €10 per year from every driver into UCD, it would quickly pay for itself. SISWeb could easily have a "Register your Registration Plate" so the system could tie together nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

ironclaw wrote: »
    SISWeb could easily have a "Register your Registration Plate" so the system could tie together nicely.

SIS barely ties in with connect, nevermind adding more features!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I am passionate about UCD because I grew up in the immediate locality. Every former "green space" has been annexed for a badly tarmaced or muddy car park. You deserve better for your euro. Perhaps the SU could lobby Dublin Bus for more diverse routes to cater for the Greater Dublin student population - rather than "paving paradise to put up a parking lot".

To summarise, anyone who can walk or cycle to campus in 20 minutes - I'd encourage you. Free up the car park for students with a five mile + commute.

P.S. Are you enjoying your stay in Ireland? We have a great sense of humour that most Americans find refreshing;). Maybe we could have a pint and discuss the nuances of satire at the Student Center.

In fairness green space on its own without any features is pretty useless. Wow, a big green field with nothing in it, hmmm I'll just go stand in the middle... If there was some attempt to landscape UCD (there's a few nice woody trails and a concrete lake but thats about it) I might have a bit more of an urge to get annoyed when there's a car park put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

So guys are they still doing this every morning? I was in last Wed morning and they were but I havent been in early since then so Im just wondering if they have kept it up??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They were there yesterday but i didn't see anyone today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Chet T16 wrote: »
    They were there yesterday but i didn't see anyone today

They were checking yesterday off Fosters. I suppose its better to be random in a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Saw a sign at the N11 entrance today saying have have your id ready, not a security guard in sight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Ive lost my student card and have to go into college early tomorrow morning! Im afraid of coming across these id checks! Do they have anyway to check student numbers, would it be enough to tell them my student number?? If not any idea when they stop checking ids or are they at it all day?

Advertisement