Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed for the animals of AHAR (animal heaven animal rescue)

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Urgent help needed for the animals of AHAR (animal heaven animal rescue)

We are in need of any materials to help with the upkeep of the sanctuary.
    If anyone could donate any of the following we would really appreciate it.

We need :
    Bricks
    Slabs
    Cement
    Pallets
    Wood
    Timber
    Gates for Horse area, Metal or Wooden
    Nails and Screws
    Drills, Hammers, Screwdrivers, or any other Building equipment.
    Dog Leads/ Collars, Muzzels, Harnesses, Bed, Kennels, Feeding Bowls.
    Cat Food, Bowls, Cages,
    Horseboxes, Saddles, Bridles, headcollars, and grooming Equipment.

Please if anyone can donate anything at all give me a ring or text and let me know. We are in urgent need of materials.

Donations also welcome, All donations are put towards the care and well being of the animals of AHAR.:)

You can also Visit the website to see all the work being done with the animals on
    http://ahar.ie/

Thanks again.:)

Emma

Do you think people will help the sanctuary so that the animals can have a happy life 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

where is this rescue based. have never heard of it. is it reg charity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmalawless09

Yeah its a registered charity just waiting for the charity number to come in so that's why i don't have it up. its based in Kilarney Co Kerry. (probably thats why its not as well known as all the others out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Emma, I'm closing this thread.

There are a lot of animal sanctuaries out there and you will understand that if it was OK for them to make an appeal on boards, then most of them would make an appeal every week, because they need that much help.

There are a number of rescues and charities who engage here on boards and they get support from posters here through their interaction more than simply making appeals on boards. Most visitors to this forum already help one or more animal rescues, so making an appeal here is pretty much tapping a dry well.

There are a couple of posters here who've set up their own rescues and they may be willing to PM you with advice on how best to go about fundraising - there may also be an animal rescue network in existence where you could gain contacts.

Facebook is also a very useful resource for getting your name far and wide - set up a page specifically for your charity and ask your friends to spread the word.

If you need specific advice or guidance on aspects of running a shelter, then you can post threads here.

I'm also going to arrange a sticky of known animal shelters in Ireland which we can stick you name onto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement