Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degrading tread removal.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

With regards to the two original threads by OilCanHarry, the first one from August last year, the second from last Sunday 17th October, which portray me in a very poor manor and strongly feel that my privacy has been well breached due to the description that was given of me and my motorbike and the general high profile I have with my work in Waterford.

Yesterday after I gave an appology for one traffic situation disagreement involving OilCanHarry going back to August last year he also appoligised for his over the top comments on his original threads and offered to ask for the entire two threads to be removed. This has since been turned down.

The whole affair has left me physical ill, not being able to work, eat or sleep.

Top Adminstrators, I am appealing to you now for the two threads to be removed as I cannot get on with my life while these remain and watch the viewing numbers grow ever bigger to the later tread approaching 4,000 today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

Just to clarify this,

can you provide links to the two threads, you can send these to me by Private Message if you prefer not to draw attention to them here ?

When OilCaHarry offered to ask for the threads to be removed, was this by Private Message or on thread? If so, can you check with OilCanHarry if its ok for you to report the PM so the admins can see the actual request (just hit the report button and the admins will receive a copy).

Which Moderator did you make the request to and what was the moderator response? Was there a particular reason for the request to be refused? (again, use the report PM function if it was done by PM and mark it for my attention in the comments area).

Have you contacted the category moderator(s) of the category the forum is in ? Did you receive a response ?

Thanks

LoLth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Respected Courier!!!

Hi Lolth, thanks for the good quick responce message. Yes OilCanharry would have sent a PM to Sully moderator as I have done myself who I know did inturn contact different Administrators. He mentioned LucyLu as one of the adminstrators who I did get a PM from this morning who in turn told me to email 'Darragh'. Can't help feeling there's abit of pass the parcel going on here.

I will PM you now with links.

Cheers,

-

I felt I was finally getting somewhere with LoLth (senior adminstrator) this morning as he requested the PM conversation between myself OilCanHarry from yesterday morning. I pray to God he is going to be able to finally get this cleared for me.

OilCanHarrys thread about me last year I see has disappeared. But who actually has benified most from that removel while the big nasty one remains ????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I felt I was finally getting somewhere with LoLth (senior adminstrator) this morning as he requested the PM conversation between myself OilCanHarry from yesterday morning. I pray to God he is going to be able to finally get this cleared for me.

OilCanHarrys thread about me last year I see has disappeared. But who actually has benified most from that removel while the big nasty one remains ????

Ok,

Its been one day since I first heard about this. I do work, I commute and I also sleep and spend time with my family. I apologise if your thread does not take precedence over these things.

I am not a senior admin, I'm just an admin. I'm actually one of the newer admins (still a bit shiney, though not as shiney as some but they'll get theirs when they least expect it! ahem)

I am discussing this issue with the other admins and have been since I first responded here. I would not wish to make a call on this matter myself so I chose the option of consultation even though it would take longer.

I have yet to receive any PMs or see any PMs reported concerning your agreement with oilcanharry.

I have yet to see any of the Pms you sent or received to or from the moderator or the category moderator.

We do not delete threads on request without good reason, especially not threads that others have given their opinion on. The thread in question was already closed by a moderator. A private agreement between you and another poster does not automatically mean that the moderator has to comply with your agreement.

Now. I would ask that you be patient while the admins consider this and also consider the point that the thread was not reported or complained about by you when you were posting in it. it is only AFTER it was closed that you requested that it be deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement