Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good food in Athlone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Jesus, the website makes it look like a fast food shop, I presume it's not? Thanks for the recommendations though!

Is that the Charcoal Grill?

It used to be more of a cafe/fast food place, they have recently expanded into the adjacent shop so are a lot bigger now. Inside it is now more of a restaurant style, but not quite there. They don't serve alcohol but I think you can bring your own wine and there is no corkage fee. I've had takeaway from there and have had lunch there. The food is very nice, I had indian. They do a whole variety of food and even if the food you want is not on the menu they will make you whatever you want once they have the ingredients!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

shegrim wrote: »
    For less expensive but still good Pizza Mama is supposed to be good but I've not eaten there.

Pizza Mama have a Mon-Thurs special of 3 course meal for €12.90. I ate there recently and it was grand. Service was a bit slow but the food was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

Pavarotti's is nice too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

cabot wrote: »
    Pavarotti's is nice too.

Actually the snug beside Pavarottis do a good deal of a pint and a pizza from Pavarottis for €10. Had it last time I was in Athlone and it was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

tubos wrote: »
    Is that the Charcoal Grill?

It used to be more of a cafe/fast food place, they have recently expanded into the adjacent shop so are a lot bigger now.

Yeah, awful website, but thanks a million for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orla Walsh

I know this is probably too late but I have been to the Lebanese and I thought it was fantastic and I definitely only usually go with Irish food.

You should give this a try

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Is the Left Bank Bistro still open? I was there with some friends a couple of years ago and it was impressive.

Pavarottis was nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Olive Grove, opposite Top Deck, down the steps beside the statue

2nd that

Advertisement