Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 contract query.

• 14-10-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently signed for a contract with o2. I was advised by both the sales assistant in store and the online rep that I could sign up to a 12 month contract instead of an 18 month one if I paid 5 euro more per month. I asked for this when I signed up.

I recently got the bill for my first month and it was for the 18 month contract. I called customer care and they said there was no 12 month version of my plan. I read my contract and it says 18 months. I feel as though I have been swindled...I was not willing to sign up to an 18 month contract and the sales assistant knew this.

Do I have any recourse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

There should be a 'cooling off' period attatched to your contract. I.e. A period where you can void the contract if there are certain elements that you are not happy with, although I am not sure of the intricacies of the O2 contracts. Best thing is to ring teh Customer Service and see what they say - they might even have a recording of the conversation you had with the rep. Best of Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What price plan is it? theres some that are only available on 18 months but they would have to do this in store as the code for the plan doesnt exist on a 12 month version, if you've signed a 12 month contract and have a copy of the contract for the same then thats enough grounds for them to switch it back, did they give you a copy of the one you signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

krudler wrote: »
    What price plan is it? theres some that are only available on 18 months but they would have to do this in store as the code for the plan doesnt exist on a 12 month version, if you've signed a 12 month contract and have a copy of the contract for the same then thats enough grounds for them to switch it back, did they give you a copy of the one you signed?

They did indeed give me a copy. Its the one designed for smartphones. Clear 350 Plus I think..

They did indeed give me a copy. Its the one designed for smartphones. Clear 350 Plus I think..

There is a 12 month version of that alright, its 65 a month against 60 on an 18m contract afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

krudler wrote: »
    There is a 12 month version of that alright, its 65 a month against 60 on an 18m contract afaik.

I called up customer care and they said that there is only an 18 month version of my contract as it is for a Smart phone. This ineptness means I am with them for another 6 months. This is unacceptable...

• Advertisement

aha, the 12 month one is only for an iphone 4, otherwise its an 18 month, either way if you've signed a contract that specifically states 12 months then either request it be changed to 12 months commitment or that you can cancel it as its the shops error.

Advertisement