Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai Shop In Cork

Options
  • 14-10-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

Just wondering if anyone knew of a Thai Shop in Cork, for herbs, Spices and the select few veg.... Or if the English market would perhaps do this stuff..

My sister is cooking a Thai dinner friday and is looking for a few ingredients

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Mr Bell's in the English Market (there are two of them) is good. There is an Asian shop on Drawbridge St (I think) off Patrick's St, opposite Merchant's Quay. I've got a few spices and things there.

Also I heard there was a new Chinese supermarket on the Tramore Road, but I haven't tried that one yet, but heard it's well stocked.

DOn't think there's a Thai-specific shop but you'll get most supplies in these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi Malari

Great thanks a million I shall pass on the details...

I think the Chinese supermarket on Tramore road is the cash and carry place. We went in there but it must have been an off day they didnt have much but loadsa people say it is great value...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yeah, I think if you want to buy a sack of rice it's suitable but I know a friend of mine went in there for things like a bottle of soy sauce, small packets of spices, so they sell to regular consumers too!

Yes yes it must be the same one...Must take another trip up there for a few bits...I think twas they had more food that you would deep fry and stuff when we went up, it must have been restocking day or something so we werent too gone on it...But must wonder up again..

Just text my sis there with the details for the shop she is on her way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

There's an asian shop on Cornmarket Street. They have loads of weird and wonderful ingredients in there.

• Advertisement

I will have to take note of all these...Thanks for all the replies tis great. eventually got everything in english market me thinks anywho looking foward to a nice thai dinner tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

There another spice shop on North Main St across the road from AIB and maybe up a bit in the river direction.

Advertisement