Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 14-10-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a new phone there on Sunday the 3rd of this month.

It's a samsung genio touch screen, now I can't for the life of me get used to it, when I try to text the wrong buttons are being pressed and I am not even remotely near them!

The T9 turns itself off too, it's basically a pain to use!

I looked up meteors returns policy online,
    Online store policy: return 14 days (changed your mind option) from purchase for a refund, 28 days for a faulty phone.

Blanchardstown store policy: no 14 day policy for a refund, only 28 days for a faulty phone.

http://www.meteor.ie/support/onlinestorefaqs/return_policy/

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/protect_your_mobile/phone_returns/

The phone could be faulty for all I know, but they will probably say it's not to avoid the issue.

What I cannot get my head around is the fact that all the policy's differ.

Any help appreciated as when I go to the store I really don't want to be walking back out with this dam phone!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If the phone is faulty they have to return it in the store, you can either get a new phone there and then or a full refund if your within the first month. Don't walk out of the store without one or another, there shouldn't be a problem. Just be civil and genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The policies are different due to distance selling rules and that you weren't able to look at the phone or get advice from a sales person online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Pythia wrote: »
    The policies are different due to distance selling rules and that you weren't able to look at the phone or get advice from a sales person online.

This.

Though even for the online one, if you've opened and used it you couldn't return it under 'change of mind'.

If it's actually faulty, you should be able to return it for a replacement without any problem.

If it's just a case of you not liking the interface, unfortunately you're probably out of luck - they'd be unlikely to take it back since it's now used. Worth trying, but best bet might be to sell it on adverts.ie and get a different model.

Advertisement