Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Remote not charging

• 14-10-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

looking for some advice here.
    My remote recently stopped charging...

Bought a new battery pack and cable - and seemed to be ok again.
    However the same thing has happened again - once the battery had run down it does not recharge...

I have tried plugging the cable into the front and the rear USB ports - but the red charging light - when it appears only holds for a few seconds before switching off?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Do you mean your joypad is not charging?
    As the remote just uses normal AA batteries...

If its your joypad, try plugging it into a windows PC, its the only way I can get mine to charge for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I plug mine into the USB port in my TV that works every time¬!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Taltos wrote: »
    I have tried plugging the cable into the front and the rear USB ports - but the red charging light - when it appears only holds for a few seconds before switching off?

By switching off do you mean going green or going off completely?

If it's green, try the following...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055847141

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thanks tman.

I had been trying that but not to that level - usually stopping after 5 or 6 attempts.
    Sometimes it had stayed lit at that point - but the red light turned off again after a few minutes without fully charging the controller.

Will try again later though.
    Hoping this will fix it - otherwise feel I might need to get another charging kit again...

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Gave up after 30 or 40 attempts at this.
    Right now trying to find drivers to charge from a laptop...

Failing that - guess might try a new controller - this is a few years old so maybe it is faulty now.

Cheers all.

>> Found driver automatically on-line. Laptop now charging the controller - love workarounds - cheers to those above suggesting these different approaches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement