Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research on Ghosts in Kildare

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

daveyeh wrote: »

Ghosts aren't real

Proove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Karlitto wrote: »
    Proove it.

Noo neeed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you want to hair-pull over that debate, take it to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Ah sure let them on Buffy. It was getting too quiet around here anyway.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monoskunk

Hi major

"There's a story that goes around in Prosperous about a man (ghost) that people have seen over the last 50 or so years.

Prosperous was central to the 1798 rising - I think it has something to do with that.

Anywho, the story goes that this man, who is nameless (but locals have nicknamed Limping Liam), was killed in action during the rising and his corpse was brought back to Prosperous on horse drawn carriage.

Apparently, the story goes, that the corpse fell off the carraige on the main street of Prosperous (around where the church is) and "Liam" magically got up and limped on up to the crossroads where he collapsed after limping the 50 yards or so.

He died there."

Hi guys,one evening me and my partner at the time,(sunday evening , Sep/2013).Driving from the canal side (killybegs manor road) into Prosperous observed a man sitting awkwardly in the ditch wearing long socks,shorts,waistcoat and shoes.both of us seen him on the left side of the road as did a car in front of us.Both cars slowed to a crawl to look as at first we thought it was a drunk old man/farmer.this was at the crossroads on the gaa side.
    he noticed us and looked at us both giving us the chills , he didnt look healthy as in his appearance and his whole body and cloths looked grayish ..

Was one of the strangest things I have ever seen and just reading this thread gave me the chills..IM A BELIEVER NOW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Try Mullaghmast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Punchbear

You could try talking to the author of Kildare Folk Tales. Not strictly ghost tales but the Rathcoffey Puca and Black Pig sound fascinating.

Seem to remember talk of a ghost called The Grey Lady at Donadea Castle. Although more likely to have been concocted by feverish cub scout imaginations while we were on camp, and, unsurprisingly, we never saw. Then there's the railway worker that walks the track at Straffan and the phantom child that appears on the road outside Clongowes. And there are a few tales from Maynooth College, a spectral projectionist among other alleged apparitions. You don't have to believe this stuff to find it fascinating.

Advertisement