Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCarthy-Dundons handing over lunch money to dissident Republicans?

• 14-10-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

The McCarthy-Dundons are now handing over their lunch money to so called dissident Republicans in order to be allowed to flog drugs on the Streets of Limerick?

But are these the same dissident Republicans who hate that kind of thing as it tears communities apart?

They were certainly kind enough to send a touching tribute to Noel Campions Funeral.

- Its all very confusing, but I suppose its safe enough to guess that the next time a car bomb shatters bodies and lives on a High Street somewhere the Dundon-McCarthy's have helped to fund it - the most recent explosion being a mere 9 days ago......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well for a man who claimed he was terrified to walk outside of his home, he has had no problem wobbling along the main street in Charleville of late, and various known associates have gotten housing in the nearby area around the village of Bruree.

A lot of the locals are very worried at the new residents, especially as they wasted no time in acting like the scum they are.

Seems that there are now members/relations of the Dundons, McDonaghs (the same scum that have been causing no end of trouble in the Carnane/Fedamore area), and Leamys all within the tiny village of Bruree.

Great the way that scum gets a free rein in spreading their filth throughout Limerick City, Limerick county, and also into Clare and Cork.

Mind you it is easy to see why they get away with it. I was on Ballinacurra Road yesterday and the new community Garda for the area was out on his bike heading into Ballinacurra Gardens. Four tiny pieces of scum were by him. I would place them as being around 10 to 12 years of age. They gave him wannabe hardman guff about being from some part of Weston and pointed him up the road. He then went in that direction on his bike and when he was about 20 yards gone, the four future criminals let fly with a torrent of abuse and a few small stones for good measure.

What did the garda do? Well he just took it and cycled away. The scum then went back to pelting stones at both parked cars and any cars that were passing on the road.

What chance do ordinary people have against these scum when the scum know that the gardai will do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well for a man who claimed he was terrified to walk outside of his home, he has had no problem wobbling along the main street in Charleville of late, and various known associates have gotten housing in the nearby area around the village of Bruree.

A lot of the locals are very worried at the new residents, especially as they wasted no time in acting like the scum they are.

Seems that there are now members/relations of the Dundons, McDonaghs (the same scum that have been causing no end of trouble in the Carnane/Fedamore area), and Leamys all within the tiny village of Bruree.

who are the Leamys?

mike kelly wrote: »
    who are the Leamys?

A similar type of family to the more well known criminal families in Limerick.

A similar type of family to the more well known criminal families in Limerick.

but not the same Leamys that were in the papers a few years ago?

mike kelly wrote: »
    but not the same Leamys that were in the papers a few years ago?

Without knowing which article you are referring to, I cannot say if it is who you think.

But the ones who have moved to the Bruree area have been in the papers before for illegal activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

What chance do ordinary people have against these scum when the scum know that the gardai will do nothing.

Fact

cops in limerick have little force and are of little use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

What did the garda do? Well he just took it and cycled away.

What would you have him do though?

I mean he could give them an old-school thump in the ear - but we all know know where that ends up.

The issue isn't the cops' behaviour. It is the bias of the legal system towards civil rights protection and away from justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

topper75 wrote: »

I mean he could give them an old-school thump in the ear - but we all know know where that ends up.

The issue isn't the cops' behaviour. It is the bias of the legal system towards civil rights protection and away from justice.
    And there's sweet FA they can do about children that age legally. The guards hands are tied really - if parents can't raise their children/welfare-bonuses right, the guards can't do much til the kids get old enough to tackle as adults.

topper75 wrote: »

I would have thought he could have contacted social services and had questions asked as to why young children were so far from their homes at night.

Or he could have marched them home and told the parents that if he catches the kids doing the same crap again that he would be forwarding a report to social services/relevant authorities. Now it may not do anything, but at least it stops moving traffic from being hit by stones for that length of time, and there is always the chance that regular garda visits to the house is something the family or someone else living in the area may not want.

Allowing them to stay where they were and continue to pelt stones at cars hardly seems a solution for someone who is meant to be upholding the law. No wonder scum do as they like when from a young age anti social behaviour is tolerated from them.

The solution at present seems to be turn a blind eye to them and let them practise their criminal activities from a young age, and when they get old enough to kill someone, they will get free legal aid and some bleeding heart to claim that they had a bad upbringing. Meanwhile their victims, who most likely follow the law of the land and would be respectful if talking to a Garda, have to put up with damage to their property with no protection from the "law"

Here is another example of double standards from the Ballinacurra road area. There is a man living there in his 60's who was pulled by a community garda for not wearing a helmet whilst cycling to the shop and he got fined for it, yet when scumbags on bikes with no lights or helmets that would have been in their 20's were pointed out to the same Garda, his response was that there was nothing he could do.

So basically man in his 60's = easy target and easy fine, but scumbags doing the exact same thing the old man was fined for is not a problem in the eyes of the garda.

Double standards and selective justice from some gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Here is another example of double standards from the Ballinacurra road area. There is a man living there in his 60's who was pulled by a community garda for not wearing a helmet whilst cycling to the shop and he got fined for it, yet when scumbags on bikes with no lights or helmets that would have been in their 20's were pointed out to the same Garda, his response was that there was nothing he could do.

So basically man in his 60's = easy target and easy fine, but scumbags doing the exact same thing the old man was fined for is not a problem in the eyes of the garda.

Wow his Mammy must be proud - Scumbag :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its these crazy helmetless 60 year olds that are giving the city a bad name :D

I didnt think it was illegal to not wear a helmet on a bike here yet ? Might be wrong its been that long since ive been on a bike.

Its these crazy helmetless 60 year olds that are giving the city a bad name :D

I didnt think it was illegal to not wear a helmet on a bike here yet ? Might be wrong its been that long since ive been on a bike.

I know the old man tried to argue his case with the garda and pointed out the rest that were passing by without lights and helmets, so maybe that is why he got a fine. Either way it was a case of a garda stopping one person for what the garda deemed wrong, whilst ignoring others who were doing the same thing.

I know the old man tried to argue his case with the garda and pointed out the rest that were passing by without lights and helmets, so maybe that is why he got a fine. Either way it was a case of a garda stopping one person for what the garda deemed wrong, whilst ignoring others who were doing the same thing.

How wonderfully selective - I'd imagine he had already caught hundreds of other Peoples non-compliant Nannas and Granddads that day.

- Wayne Dundon won't be so carefree once he pushes 60 :rolleyes:

Raiser wrote: »
    How wonderfully selective - I'd imagine he had already caught hundreds of other Peoples non-compliant Nannas and Granddads that day.

- Wayne Dundon won't be so carefree once he pushes 60 :rolleyes:

Hey Raiser,

I'm going to be back in Liverpool for some of the weekend, as it is Derby weekend, so you are going to have to step into the breach for me in terms of posting.

I expect plenty of posts as to why some gardai are useless, a few about inept politicians, and thumbs up posts for anything that brings about new jobs in the city and county.

I'm leaving you in charge of Dooradoyle and the Ballinacurra road whilst I am away as well, so be vigilent, and remember to set off a few chinese lanterns as distractions if your clients want some extra privacy.:p

Liverpool+Chelsea.jpg

boston-red-sox-logo.gif

Am......

- Fail!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

The McCarthy-Dundons are now handing over their lunch money to so called dissident Republicans in order to be allowed to flog drugs on the Streets of Limerick?

But are these the same dissident Republicans who hate that kind of thing as it tears communities apart?

They were certainly kind enough to send a touching tribute to Noel Campions Funeral.

- Its all very confusing, but I suppose its safe enough to guess that the next time a car bomb shatters bodies and lives on a High Street somewhere the Dundon-McCarthy's have helped to fund it - the most recent explosion being a mere 9 days ago......
    It is not only Dundon-McCarthy gang who are funding it but those who buy off these gangs and other drug dealers too are now funding the dissident IRA activities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

somebody is telling porkie pies here

its not illegal to not wear a helmet on your bike

limklad wrote: »
    It is not only Dundon-McCarthy gang who are funding it but those who buy off these gangs and other drug dealers too are now funding the dissident IRA activities too.

that is a good point. there is obviously a huge market for drugs in ireland without which these gangs could not make money

mitresize5 wrote: »
    somebody is telling porkie pies here

its not illegal to not wear a helmet on your bike

If you read my next post you will see that I said the man is meant to have argued with the garda over being stopped and after he pointed out others doing the same ( no lights or helmet) then he was fined, so it could have been for saying something to the garda.

The long and the short of it is that it was a Garda that was comfortable with giving a man in his 60's a dressing down over what he had or did not have for his bike, but was not willing to have the same words with a younger crowd. Looks like the easy target was picked by the fine garda, then again that is nothing new.

I guess that is why local councillors were on Live95FM the week before last complaining about the criminal and anti social behaviour that is on the rise in the area and the same councillor made comments on how the gardai do not arrive when called for more serious anti social behaviour like car robbing, house breaking etc in the area until the next day, and that the next step will be frustrated residents being forced to defend their own properties.

Liverpool+Chelsea.jpg

boston-red-sox-logo.gif

Am......

- Fail!!!!

:mad:

What a crap game and, by association, a crap weekend.:(

• Advertisement

:mad:

What a crap game and, by association, a crap weekend.:(

You'll get a discount on Baseball games soon though.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not very encouraging to read of drugs gangs giving protection money to patrolling vigilantes, whilst the cops look on and seemingly do nothing about any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Not very encouraging to read of drugs gangs giving protection money to patrolling vigilantes, whilst the cops look on and seemingly do nothing about any of them.

no nor cops picking on old people, bad enough for the criminal element to be doing that.

flutered wrote: »
    no nor cops picking on old people, bad enough for the criminal element to be doing that.

Wouldn't you think that when they are done picking on the innocent old People who have paid 60 years of hefty taxes to the State and never broken a law in their lives they could at least arrest the Criminals that make their daily lives a misery too?

in fairness, there are old people who are scumbags too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mods if this is too zombie, can you create a new thread?

It seems poor aul Wayne and his mates have no money, and are annoyed with being in the spotlight:

http://news.ie.msn.com/dundons-apply-for-free-legal-aid
    Two Limerick brothers who are charged with threatening to kill a a number of members of the same family applied for legal aid and the imposition of a “media blackout” during their first appearance before the Special Criminal Court this morning.

John Dundon (29) with an address at Hyde Road, Limerick, is charged with threatening to kill a mother and her daughter at an address at Ballinacurra Weston during two separate incidents on the weekend of April 3rd and 4th last.

His older brother Wayne Dundon (33), of Lenihan Avenue, Limerick, is charged with threatening to kill a man at an address in Limerick city on September 30th, 2010.

Counsel for the accused, Mr Shane O’Callaghan BL, made an application to the three-judge court for legal aid to be assigned and furnished the court with documentation detailing the employment record, income and expenditure of both men.

In a statement of means furnished to the court, John Dundon listed both his total income and expenditure as “zero euro”. He did not name an employer or record the receipt of any social welfare payments.

State Solicitor Michael O’Donovan told the court that the form as completed did not comply with the requirements of the court.

Mr O’Callaghan submitted that the form was compliant and told the court that John Dundon did not have any expenses as he had been living with his girlfriend, who supplied him with both food and board.

The court heard that Wayne Dundon estimated he earned €170 per week from selling horses, and although no weekly expenditure was detailed on his statement of means, his total expenditure was given as approximately €120.

Presiding judge Mr Justice John Mac Menamin said the court would direct that both men complete a legal aid application form and statement of means specific to the Special Criminal Court, as both men had filed documentation particular to the District Court which was not suitable for today’s hearing.

Mr O’Callaghan made a subsequent application for a “media blackout” of proceedings, as he said the case had received “constant media coverage” which was “hugely prejudicial” for two men facing trial.

Mr Justice Mac Menamin, sitting with Judge Alison Lindsay and Judge William Hamill, told Mr O’Callaghan that he could make an application for such a direction at the next hearing of the case or pursue the matter elsewhere.

He remanded both men in custody to appear before the court on July 21st, when an application for bail may be submitted on behalf of both of the accused.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread alright, but it's refreshing to see a topic started with various links to news sources I'm happy to keep it open, in fact when I opened the thread first I was going to thank the Op for supplying the links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

How long could they be put away for on these charges?

Post consulation with a leading Lecturer in Equine Science at UL, heres how many Horses Dundon would need to sell every afternoon to make his crap story stand up........

@ Clareman - Ah but you did thank me in your own way, and you did yourself proud.

tumblr_lmhi4rqnc81qcfijro1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    How long could they be put away for on these charges?

Not long enough unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement