Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mr Binman or Clean Ireland cheaper

• 14-10-2010 11:46am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone switched between services that could give me an idea? I've been with Clean Ireland for ages, and seems pricey enough. Most of my road use them though.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

we recently changed to Binmaster as found clean ir bill alot when we got it.got a price of 180 for 9 months, they had offer on. check their website. think they are based in scariff. they do collect in shannon area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

in ennis i use Mr. Binman 195 for 12 months it was a special offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

I got a bin about 3 months ago. I priced them all at the time and Binmaster were the cheapest. I can't remember how much it was now, but it was some deal that took me up till next April.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

MarkR wrote: »
    Anyone switched between services that could give me an idea? I've been with Clean Ireland for ages, and seems pricey enough. Most of my road use them though.

Thanks
    I know you could save some cash but Clean Ireland imo are the most reliable. In my past experiences with Mr Binman bins don't get collected, their collection times are all over the shop and you really never know from one week to the next if your bins are going to get collected.

Ok, the may charge a little bit more but if you have never had an issue and can depend on them is saving a few euro every few months really worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

They are always jockeying for best price. I rang two years ago and Clean Ireland was cheaper by a tenner. Six months ago my mate got quotes and it was a tenner the other way.

You will have to ring to get current quotes, because both crowds are too scared to post their prices online and will only give out details if you ring them (bad form if you ask me)

Clean Ireland does have this listed online:

€ 143.82 for 6 months. OR € 285.00 for 12 months.

After a billing term your lift weight is evaluated and you are placed into the appropriate lift band. Increased recycling will reduce your future bills further.
    As part of Clean Ireland Recycling's commitment to transparency, your invoice will show exact details of all your bin lifts, exact weights, Truck registration no. date/time of collection.
    Price includes all landfill charges and levies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement