Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lone wolf?

• 14-10-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, just getting back into playing online and with Halo Reach. Use to be a lone wolf section on Halo 3 where it was Everyman for themselves!

Can't find it in Reach?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Hey lads, just getting back into playing online and with Halo Reach. Use to be a lone wolf section on Halo 3 where it was Everyman for themselves!

Can't find it in Reach?

Well at the beginning of Reach, Carter does say "That Lone Wolf stuff, stays behind!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Brendog wrote: »
    Well at the beginning of Reach, Carter does say "That Lone Wolf stuff, stays behind!"

Bah! So there is none then. Fair enough just thought I'd check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

it's definately there, its just not called lone wolves anymore and I cannot for the life of me remember what its called

...RUMBLE PIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

maximoose wrote: »
    it's definately there, its just not called lone wolves anymore and I cannot for the life of me remember what its called

...RUMBLE PIT!

Thought that was team stuff too?

Well looked like it to me last night anyway?!?!

I ll check it out again tonight. Thanks man.

Team play is ok but on your own and kill anything that moves, is so much better! :D

Thought that was team stuff :D

No, anytime I've ever played rumble pit it's been very much geared towards "if it moves, blow it's freakin' head off" kind of stuff. FFA slayer, headhunter, king of the hill, etc. No team based stuff.

Guess it's only personal preference but lone wolfing it in reach is no fun to me. Reach seems to favour team play more than H3 did, what with the new abilities and stuff and the different strategies you can put together by using different ones together as a unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No, anytime I've ever played rumble pit it's been very much geared towards "if it moves, blow it's freakin' head off" kind of stuff. FFA slayer, headhunter, king of the hill, etc. No team based stuff.

Guess it's only personal preference but lone wolfing it in reach is no fun to me. Reach seems to favour team play more than H3 did, what with the new abilities and stuff and the different strategies you can put together by using different ones together as a unit.

Indeed, Armor Lock is an amazing ability if you move and work as a team. If you play as a lone wolf (in team or FFA modes) it's almost useless.

Indeed, Armor Lock is an amazing ability if you move and work as a team. If you play as a lone wolf (in team or FFA modes) it's almost useless.

Yeah, definitely. Working in pairs armour lock is good for getting opponents in a crossfire. One locks down if they run into trouble while the other strafes around so the opponent has to follow. Once you come out of lock you've got your opponent trying to counter an attack from two sides at once.

A good team working together in reach can be really dangerous. It's strange how nobody in multiplayer ever seems to work together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Yeah, definitely. Working in pairs armour lock is good for getting opponents in a crossfire. One locks down if they run into trouble while the other strafes around so the opponent has to follow. Once you come out of lock you've got your opponent trying to counter an attack from two sides at once.

A good team working together in reach can be really dangerous. It's strange how nobody in multiplayer ever seems to work together.

Big time, any time myself and my housemate are on, we're always the ones working together while the other two randomers on our team generally go and give the other team a bunch of kills.

Played some team games last night and got smoked, mainly because we were really blazed haha but it's always fun getting a full team together

Advertisement