Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer made how long should I wait?

Options
  • 14-10-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

We have made an offer for a new house, its about 25k below the asking price but we are serious buyers. Mortgage approved and our own house sold. We made the offer Tuesday morning and we haven't heard back anything since except a confirmation call from the EA to ask us that we had mortgage approval. The house is being sold by bank receivers.
    Is it normal to be kept waiting for so long for an answer? Should I call the EA to see what the story is or should I hold tough and wait for their answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

its only Thursday its hardly been a long time.

Dont ring them back. Doing so shows your keen and you then lose some negotiation edge. Sit it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 triskellion

Depends on how many hoops the receivers have to go through to make a decision. The agent should be on to you to let you know what's happening anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You could call the EA and advise them the offer will be removed on x date as you're keen on another house. put them under a bit of preasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

when negotiating a price this is how to do it (i purchase about half a million a year in goods and services)
    1 ask for the best price
    2 say its too much
    3 offer less
    4 shut up till they agree or counter offer

don't bother putting a closing time on things but do state things like " we are keen to move" " we are pleased to see the value out there"

also its too soon to buy, sorry; but i have to say it

Advertisement