Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML

Options
  • 14-10-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi I'm not sure if this should go here but I'm currently having a few problems with a html project I need to do for college. I want to embed images in a page so I can scroll through them by clicking next and previous. I have this much done but I want to know how to get the 'next' and 'previous' buttons to disappear when they're not needed i.e at the end and beginning of the "slide show" respectively. Can anyone help me?

Sorry about the bad use of phrasing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

For images like that I always use Lightbox, its just a matter of copy and paste html code into your page. Very handy and looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Lightbox is pretty straight forward and stylish but it's a JavaScript application not html just to be aware of that in case your college project requires you only use html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

ztoical wrote: »
    Lightbox is pretty straight forward and stylish but it's a JavaScript application not html just to be aware of that in case your college project requires you only use html
    Dynamic html would require embedded javascript functions. Cannot be done in html alone. Html puts up pics and text in tables, unless css is incorporated.

A good trick to start with before coding is pseudo code. Psuedo code is basic english about what you want to do.

Write this first i.e. What do you want to achieve:

1.place a picture on the screen
    2. place two buttons below the picture called 'next' and 'previous'. That is a good start and easily done in html.

For the rest: have a look at this.
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/javascript/article.php/3471341/So-You-Want-A-SlideShow-Huh.htm

Look into how to make the first and last button invisible or visible in javascript. Tis not hard to do visible=0 of false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 princedant

HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a type of computer language that is primarily used for files that are posted on the internet and viewedby web browsers.

Advertisement