Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package delivery sunk to new lows!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I used to have a problem with this when I was living in Bohermore. In my new place the postie is brill, I have no problem at all.

Does anyone know of a special post box that takes packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone follow the Freebies thread in Bargain Alerts on this board? Ive signed up for every single one of them for the past year and I sign my mother up for the same offers aswell. I live in Wellpark, she lives out in Kinvara, she gets 100% of the offers delivered to her door, I get absolutely nothing, so I switched to posting my stuff to my parents house, shock horror every offer starts to show up no problems, no idea whats going on but if I sign up for an offer to my Wellpark address the stuff wont come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

And you accept this non existent service where you pay for goods and nothing gets delivered. Have you ever enquired what happened your shipments or do you have that much money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I can appreciate if someone has mobility issues or works/lives on the other side of the city, getting there may be a problem. That said, I've walked there (and a good bit further) a few times from Renmore and Ballybane to collect a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The whole point of the Freebies thread is that you're signing up for freebies, lay off the brickwork for a while Head The Wall :D

The paid service is great, no complaints ever, postman bangs on the door really loudly before he starts writing the slip and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jeanpaul

Give the collection note to someone trustworthy and have them collect it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Get a car, then you can drive out to the collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thaaaanks Bob, you're a credit to boards.

Forget it if you have 9-5 hours, and it's a bit much to ask someone to use their lunch to do it. Yeah I am on the other side of town.

I really don't see how they think this is an acceptable service and location for something that happens a
    lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

biko wrote: »
    It seemed more like a general rant, and it still is but I'll humour you. AH->Galway
    Do you have an actual question or do you just want to complain about how far away it is? It's been at that location for years.

The distance (six whole KM)wasn't an issue when you could just get a redelivery, however now there is no chance for a redelivery and no way of getting out there without a car or walking. The packages are held hostage for a taxi fare. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Thargor wrote: »
    The whole point of the Freebies thread is that you're signing up for freebies, lay off the brickwork for a while Head The Wall :D

The paid service is great, no complaints ever, postman bangs on the door really loudly before he starts writing the slip and everything.
    Apologies Thargor, I thought you were on about the actual bargains in bargain alerts. Leaving that aside why was the stuff not being delivered if it was being sent at the other end, that's what would pique my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I live close to the post centre and could pick it up for you but I won't.
    Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Get a car, then you can drive out to the collection point.

Take some time off for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I posted in another thread before that I'd drive people down to the depot, and actually someone just pmed me there to bring them - if you want I can bring you too.

@xiney, thanks, you're very kind :)
    I am helping a friend move next week and she just offered to pop in en route as it isn't too far out of her way. Still sucks, but sorted for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ok, glad you got sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember that parcel will only be there a certain amount of days, see slip for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I think that An Post & my local postie are brilliant. He signs for packages & leaves them somewhere safe & even makes sure that the relief postie knows what to do. I actually ask senders to use a delivery service that uses An Post at this end.

He was surprised the first time that I gave him a Christmas present but he is worth it !

Discodog wrote: »
    I think that An Post & my local postie are brilliant. He signs for packages & leaves them somewhere safe & even makes sure that the relief postie knows what to do. I actually ask senders to use a delivery service that uses An Post at this end.

He was surprised the first time that I gave him a Christmas present but he is worth it !

Our regular postie is lovely, and knocks if he has a fragile looking large letter etc. Problem is the system of parcel delivery. It isn't the regular post person at all. Doesn't seem to be as much care at all. The fact is that the call centre says this daft new rule will soon be 'nationwide', if it isn't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Discodog wrote: »

My postman does this too. He is a legend.

I don't miss the shower of useless turds(apart from the helpful albeit slightly sleazy young guy) in the Galway Mails centre one bit. It has to be amongst the most uncustomer friendly services a company(ANY company) can offer Joe Public, never mind something as essential as a postal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I have seen the local postman on a number of occasions getting out of the van with nothing more than the slip telling me to collect the parcel from the post office, no knock on the door, no ring of the bell, just shoves the slip through the letterbox and goes, NO PARCEL IN HAND!!

disgraceful, copying the tricks from Royal Mail in the UK :mad:

Advertisement