Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange phone calls

Options
  • 14-10-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else got phone calls from strange numbers and nobody on other end willing to talk. I'm sure its a scam of some sort but haven't figured out yet what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Incognita

On your mobile or landline?

I dont answer numbers that are private or ones that I dont know. I cant see how it would be a scam if they aren't saying anything?

Maybe you have a secret admirer, are there lick marks on your windows? :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

No lick marks. Landline number is 003537660330394and 002127773456

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

just googled the number this is what i found

THis is a Scam , they dupe you into connecting to your PC saying its infected and will repair it

DO NOT LET THEM ON YOUR PC's
    Call Type: Prank Call
    Reply !

Kieran
    2 h 23 min ago
    Yeah, it's doing the rounds. I've been getting phone calls for the past few days with no number and then today got one from the above number. Didn't answer this one.
    Reply !

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Yea, apparently they try get you to give them access to your PC and tell you that you have a virus on your PC which they will fix and charge you a fee by credit card.

Sometimes they don't talk so I think it might be some automatic dialling thingy.

If you get a call like that don't give your credit card details or anything like that. Scary thing is some people will fall for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Phew, I was afraid it was a Fianna Fail cold call drive, I can't afford to break another phone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement