Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Software

Options
  • 14-10-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking to get a student version of photoshop. I am not currently a student. I rang a supplier and they said I need a student card to activate the software. I'm wondering if I get someone else's student card is there anything to stop me buying the much cheaper student version. I mean if I pay with my credit card and then use a different student name will that stop me or for example does the student name have to match the name my computer is registered in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Why don't you just use GIMP?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 violets

Well, I want to learn to use photoshop and I was thinking of trying illustrator too...I'd like to get into graphic design and those are a necessity it seems. Thanks, I'll have a look at GIMP anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Your not eligible to buy the student version and what your asking is illegal and could get Boards in trouble.

If your only starting to learn to use the software then use GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus - they are free and the basics are the same as Photoshop, illustrator and indesign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 princedant

I am an MBA student and I am going to start my studies in August this year. I plan to enter the aerospace industry and plan to use software like autodesk 3D studio Max for designing. As a student not directly linked to graphics design Am I still eligible to download and learn the student version of the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

http://www.software4students.ie

I recommend these guys! I bought from them before! Its the cheapest (legal) price you are going to get them at. You will of course have to email Adobe with a photograph of your student ID.

• Advertisement
Advertisement