Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary level d.c.g. leaving cert. looking for inspiration

• 14-10-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi everybody

i am attending cork college of commerce as an adult leaving cert student, i am 22 and left school after my junior cert in 2004. it has been to long since i have done any, what was called then "tech drawing".

this subject is all new to me and i am finding it confusing, at the moment i am trying to work on my project, and am very interested to see what everybody else is doing for it.

the main reason i am posting this seperate to the other d.c.g.thread is there is harly any talk there of the ordinary level.

so please help me out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

hi everybody

i am attending cork college of commerce as an adult leaving cert student, i am 22 and left school after my junior cert in 2004. it has been to long since i have done any, what was called then "tech drawing".

this subject is all new to me and i am finding it confusing, at the moment i am trying to work on my project, and am very interested to see what everybody else is doing for it.

the main reason i am posting this seperate to the other d.c.g.thread is there is harly any talk there of the ordinary level.

so please help me out!

I did D.C.G higher level last year.

What is the brief for ordinary level this year. I'd be happy to give you a few pointers if I knew the exact brief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sommy_tutton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Obviously in the OL project you are going to need a timeline from first Storage media to USB keys for output 1.

For the compare contrast choose one very different to the one you are modelling such as - one with Lid as opposed to one with slide out USB connector or one with Fingerprint security as opposed to one with none.

Also make sure you choose a USB flash drive that will look well modelled in SW.

Try to use mainly sketches/photos as opposed to pictures of the Internet.

Hope this helps you for outputs 1-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sommy_tutton

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Obviously in the OL project you are going to need a timeline from first Storage media to USB keys for output 1.

For the compare contrast choose one very different to the one you are modelling such as - one with Lid as opposed to one with slide out USB connector or one with Fingerprint security as opposed to one with none.

Also make sure you choose a USB flash drive that will look well modelled in SW.

Try to use mainly sketches/photos as opposed to pictures of the Internet.

Hope this helps you for outputs 1-6

thanks that helps for a start

cheers

Advertisement