Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Online---Cheaters

Options
  • 14-10-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

i'm sick to death of playing up to the 88th minute and winning till the gob****e i'm playing knocks off connection and i don't receive my points. I send them a message on xbox live and report them. Do xbox even look it this? pisses me off as it ends up being a waste of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

I'm the same, it's really really annoying, especially if it's a case where you just played and he beat you, you play again and he quits at the end when he's losing. I usually send a pretty abusive message! But all i do now is when setting up the game i set a low DNF, which should see you stay clear of people who do it. But i don't think PSN or XBOX live do anything about it, i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do you check your stats after? I always get awarded the win if they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I'm the same, it's really really annoying, especially if it's a case where you just played and he beat you, you play again and he quits at the end when he's losing. I usually send a pretty abusive message! But all i do now is when setting up the game i set a low DNF, which should see you stay clear of people who do it. But i don't think PSN or XBOX live do anything about it, i doubt it

thats exactly what happened,he won the first, replayed the game then he quit in the last minute. cheers i'll start using the low DNF.
    joe123 wrote: »

yea I made sure before I sent the abuse. I was on 611 points after the first game, checked stats after the second and still on 611

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

neil.p.b wrote: »

If you disconnect form PSN, does this reflect in your DNF% though? I was under the impression it was only when you manually quit the match.
    joe123 wrote: »

You get awarded the win if they quit through the pause screen, but not if they disconnect their internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I was on 611 points after the first game, checked stats after the second and still on 611

Noticed something with this earlier. Was on 895, played a game, 2-0 up with about 10 to go and the lad quits, still on 895 despite a 3-0 win showing up for me in the hub. Oh well, hardly the end of the world. Play another match, win 2-1 and get exactly 70 points which should take me to 965, but my total went up past 1000.

Could be miles off the mark here, but maybe they get added on after your next match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Another rage quit today. I actually can't stand it anymore.

I don't win often, but I'd say 50% or over of my wins have been people quitting. Was beating Rangers 2 - 0 today and he quit before half time.

I think I'll just quit, no point in playing this crap online.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭breeno

I was having this problem too, but now when setting up a game I go to custom settings and set dnf to less than 10% and in the 10 or so games since I haven't had a single quitter. Even from one guy I beat 6-0! He kept playing but decided to try to hack me for the whole 2nd half :D

And another lol. 2 - 0 up against Inter in extra time.

His tears did flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Töpher wrote: »
    Noticed something with this earlier. Was on 895, played a game, 2-0 up with about 10 to go and the lad quits, still on 895 despite a 3-0 win showing up for me in the hub. Oh well, hardly the end of the world. Play another match, win 2-1 and get exactly 70 points which should take me to 965, but my total went up past 1000.

Could be miles off the mark here, but maybe they get added on after your next match?

yea i think you could be right, I played a game later in the day and won,got 60 points for it and my total was over 720 overall, had 611 .!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Noticed a similar thing happening yesterday afternoon (it's PS3, but assuming the EA servers function the same);

1041 pts: Beating Madrid 2-0 with Zenit, knob quits. Points stay the same, but 3-0 win in hub.
    1041 pts: Lose 3-2 to Inter AET, -12 points.

Points total ended up at 1088 though, rather than 1029. The only conculsion is I was awarded 59 points for the Madrid win, which only got applied to my total when I had earned (or lost, as the case was) more points.

Convinced of it now, if you're worried about points, don't be, you'll get them after your next game.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine told me yesterday that if your opponent disconnects you automatically win 3 - 0? He says they introduced that in FIFA09 and it's been like that ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I love when people rage quit, it makes my day, to know your so good you've made someone quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

breeno wrote: »
    I was having this problem too, but now when setting up a game I go to custom settings and set dnf to less than 10% and in the 10 or so games since I haven't had a single quitter. Even from one guy I beat 6-0! He kept playing but decided to try to hack me for the whole 2nd half :D

good idea i hate when someone quits with 10 minutes left,you should get awarded the points if this happens but you dont,pity it's a great game but too many quitters

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

If somone quite you get awarded the win...provided that its after 5 min. Its been like that for fifa online for a good 2 years now. If it doesnt count your wins and points then its a results recording problem, and they have been having problems with that for a few weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

Ya you get a 3 - 0 win if they quit unless you have a better score up at the time of them quitting.

What was more annoying in FIFA 10 is that these victories didn't count in the 100 wins acheivement on the 360. I ended up winning 143 games before getting the acheivement unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was playing a game against someone last night and I am convinced that there was two people controlling the team against me.

i noticed that players were getting into really good positions that the CPU wouldn't usually get into. I got thrashed and I'm fully convinced that the guy I was playing with had an advantage.

Head to head indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was playing a game against someone last night and I am convinced that there was two people controlling the team against me.

i noticed that players were getting into really good positions that the CPU wouldn't usually get into. I got thrashed and I'm fully convinced that the guy I was playing with had an advantage.

Head to head indeed.

It is quite possible that there was 2 players on the other team. This was a feature in Fifa 10 and nearly sure it is also in Fifa 11. If you wish to do it yourself. When you are at the team selection screen. Press triangle on your second controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

This is definitely possible, as you can have a couple of local players on one xbox playing on live. It can make for good matches of 2v2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I gave up on head to head last year because i was sick of quitters and people always picking Real and Barca. With all the bugs this year in it I'm unlikely to play a single game of head to head

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Whenever I've played, I always pick some strange teams. Don't mind getting thrashed either! Looking forward to getting thrashed around the place against some of you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement