Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milking Parlour Clustercleanser

Options
  • 14-10-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey all, my brother in law is getting a cluster cleanser fitted to his milking parlour (being wired by installer, he is qualified). Anyone have any experience wiring these? He said the guy was going to wire it directly off his starter for the milking machine. The cleanser is a small pump or motor and the installer said this is how it's done. I know this shouldn't be done because of the existing overload etc. So I'm going to supply some switchgear for the installer. My question is, should I buy a start stop or an isolator and give it an independant supply?? It comes with a flex and a plug top

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if it comes with a plug top-i'd prob provide a socket for it(warranty etc.)

you can sync it (is that what he wants to achieve?)with the milking machine via a contactor at the DB or locally

volt drop/loading could be an issue using the one supply line-depends on the maths really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

You could put it on its own contactor or contactor & overload & use a normally open contact on the milking machine to start it. It will only come on then with the machine . Put an isolator on it so that you can turn off the supply to it for maintenance.

Advertisement