Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the USA

Options
  • 14-10-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Strongly thinking of doing this. Nothing happening here for me at the minute. Not in college and only getting around 8 hours work a week and can be less some weeks.

Me and a mate would love to go for a year or even 6 months. Don't know much about visas and all that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mike tv . sports

go for the craic and enjoy yourself.

I went to Canada for a year, it was brillant but the thing is when I come back I went right back to where I was before I left - unemployed and living with the folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShamrockRovers

go for the craic and enjoy yourself.

I went to Canada for a year, it was brillant but the thing is when I come back I went right back to where I was before I left - unemployed and living with the folks

Definatley want to do it within the next few months but alot of stuff needs to be sorted 1st. What needs to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I would investigate Canada, there isn't any appropriate visa type for the US for your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Hey Hoop if you go to the states New York would be your best option on so many levels.

Another Hoop got a visa recently for Canada and is loving it as he got set up in a job pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShamrockRovers

Yeah think Canada could be a runner alright have a cousin who went and got a job handy enough. Would want to sort a job out before I go though.

http://www.go4less.ie/canada-visas/canada-work-visa.asp

Will be contacting these soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement