Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Weekend, Film4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I know what i'm doing this weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Doesnt seem to have the new film.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to have the new film.
    they know better ;)

Have first 7 on DVD but is a chance to get the last 3 9though why I'm not so sure, they were all terrible)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

they know better ;)

Have first 7 on DVD but is a chance to get the last 3 9though why I'm not so sure, they were all terrible)

The 8th is pretty good, but after that it went downhill pretty fast, until it hit the bottom of the barrel with number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Looking forward to 1,2,3 and 6 myself.

Hope it's the remastered version of The Motion Picture, anyone know? I've always genuinely liked that film. Don't think they would have made it to 11 (and counting) films if they'd stuck with the slow, serious style of TMP but I'm glad they got away with one at least. Long drawn out sequences just admiring the wonders on screen. Magical :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Only the even numbered ones!

Seriously though, aside from some good set pieces did trek really work as a movie franchise? khan was awesome but I'd struggle to pick a runner up even though at heart I like them all because I'm a trek fan.

Frist contact ruined it for me. Really liked that film until someone pointed out why didn't the borg just travel back in time in the delta quadrant somewhere quiet and out of the way and fly to earth in the past unbothered to change time. Doing it above earth where your being shot at makes no sense. Theres too much time travel tampering in trek and enterpise ruined it totally even though as a concept I really liked it.

The scipts are being written by people who cant see the warp field for the naecelles. And dont get me started on the new one. more time tampering.....not what we needed...not what trek is about. Roddenberry would turn in his grave if he could see how his vision has been so distorted and twisted just to make money.

Theres no risk taken with any movie plot. it's just bad guy vs good guy. And if your thinking but innovation and different dont sell then what was the biggest grossing trek movie of all time? khan?, undiscovered country?, first contact? Wrong, it's the one about the whales....

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Lantus wrote: »
    Only the even numbered ones!

Seriously though, aside from some good set pieces did trek really work as a movie franchise? khan was awesome but I'd struggle to pick a runner up even though at heart I like them all because I'm a trek fan.

Frist contact ruined it for me. Really liked that film until someone pointed out why didn't the borg just travel back in time in the delta quadrant somewhere quiet and out of the way and fly to earth in the past unbothered to change time. Doing it above earth where your being shot at makes no sense. Theres too much time travel tampering in trek and enterpise ruined it totally even though as a concept I really liked it.

The scipts are being written by people who cant see the warp field for the naecelles. And dont get me started on the new one. more time tampering.....not what we needed...not what trek is about. Roddenberry would turn in his grave if he could see how his vision has been so distorted and twisted just to make money.

Theres no risk taken with any movie plot. it's just bad guy vs good guy. And if your thinking but innovation and different dont sell then what was the biggest grossing trek movie of all time? khan?, undiscovered country?, first contact? Wrong, it's the one about the whales....

Completely concur. Movie with a main protagonist are kinda dismal. All trek is good trek but more stories like the voyage home would be fantastic. Something like the solar system is under threat from some unbeknown phenomena and Jean luc and his band of merry men (that was a shyte episode) come to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

somuj wrote: »
    Completely concur. Movie with a main protagonist are kinda dismal. All trek is good trek but more stories like the voyage home would be fantastic. Something like the solar system is under threat from some unbeknown phenomena and Jean luc and his band of merry men (that was a shyte episode) come to the rescue.

Listen to Nicholas Meyer's commentaries on II and VI: he explains how you need a hero to root for and a villain to root against. You need a good baddie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

II, VI and VIII

Advertisement