Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Contract / other ISP options

Options
  • 14-10-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey folks,

had a search through the forums but didn't come up with any results. So here is the situation, living in an apartment that had UPC when the previous tenants lived there, but was cancelled once they left.

UPC is our best option as it is cheapest, and also we have 2 laptops and a workstation between us, so need wireless for the laptops and the workstation has a dLan setup, so needs a router to plug into - therefor dongles are out of the question. We also tend to watch a lot of tv over the net and I am doing an online course with live and recorded lectures and assignments to be uploaded we need a high limit and decent speed.

There are now 3 of us living there, but neither of us can be certain we will still be here in 3 months time, so don't really want to be tied to a 12 month contract. We would like UPC and probably will go with them, but according to the sales person we can't cancel the contract (which is fair enough) or even transfer it to a different tenant should one of us leave?

That seems ridiculous to me, I mean if the person who's name is on the bill loses their job and has to leave the country, why can't we change names on the bill? So what, the person that leaves just has to keep paying for it and that's that? That can't be legal can it?

What are our options? Has anybody had this problem before that could maybe offer some advice?

Sorry for the long post, If I get a tl;dr I will understand! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 petehood

We are looking into this to. We are likely to sign up, but are hoping to be out of the country in 3 months. I am not sure what the ramifications will be if we close everything out before we leave. Maybe our credit history is trashed.

Will keep u posted what I find out from UPC what our options are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No need for this on 6 month old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement