Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reach DLC Already!

Options
  • 14-10-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

For those who haven't heard, Bungie are releasing DLC on the 31st of November (Details here: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29224)

On one hand it's great to see that they are already on the way to providing extra content (as we all have come to expect from bungie anyhow)

But I'm fairly pissed that it's 800 points.
    The heroic maps were free(eventually) and, fair enough the one's that followed had to be paid for (until ODST came out).

But this has nonetheless left a fairly sick taste in my mouth that we're going to have to fork out more money for maps after us only getting the game recently.

Darn Microsoft.

/End Rant/. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

But I'm fairly pissed that it's 800 points.
    The heroic maps were free(eventually) and, fair enough the one's that followed had to be paid for (until ODST came out).

But this has nonetheless left a fairly sick taste in my mouth that we're going to have to fork out more money for maps after us only getting the game recently.

In fairness, the Heroic maps weren't free for a full year after they were released. And with the likes of Activision charging 1200 MSP for maps, it's nice to see Microsoft sticking to their original prices. They could easily charge more and people would pay it. I for one can't wait to see what they do because some of the bungie-made forge maps are muck so some fresh maps will be a welcome addition :)

I was going to start a similar thread.

It IS a bit rich to be having to pay for more maps only a month or two after release, especially seeing as the game's selection has been generally agreed to be pretty weak.

They probably should have shipped a few more maps on disc instead of holding them off for DLC, but on the other hand, I paid about a tenner less for reach than I was expecting. It was only 45 euros and even with a couple of DLC map packs, 50 quid or so is not exactly robbery for all the enjoyment I'll get out of it over the next few months.

Its a great game and it's replay value is absolutely stellar, so, meh, let them have their 800 points.

PS-I like the sound of a load of new forge objects on one of the maps. Hope they add some stuff for firefight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

In fairness, the Heroic maps weren't free for a full year after they were released. And with the likes of Activision charging 1200 MSP for maps, it's nice to see Microsoft sticking to their original prices. They could easily charge more and people would pay it. I for one can't wait to see what they do because some of the bungie-made forge maps are muck so some fresh maps will be a welcome addition :)[/QUOTE]

I was late enough to get on the H3 online scene....still...it made 200 million on the first day alone. Ah money money money....

Anyway on a more positive note the maps look interesting enough, i wonder what extra achievements they'll throw in along with them?

I reckon they'll be for getting certain medals on certain maps, similar to the Halo 3 map packs. I can't wait, the new maps look amazing. Would like to see some more Firefight maps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The new maps look good alright, 800 points is a bit steep but i'll pay it none the less

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    The new maps look good alright, 800 points is a bit steep but i'll pay it none the less

I don't see how anyone can think that this is a bit steep, map packs have ALWAYS Been 800 MSP before Activision charged 1200 for the MW2 packs. Hell, even Arcade games are going up in price but nobody's talking about that. 800 MSP is a bargain, enjoy it while it's like this because everything is going to start costing more eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Considering one of the maps is a new Forge World with a new item selection 800 points is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

after bungie realsing all the multi player maps with odst,,im a bit skeptic about buying new dlc off bungie,ok 800 points is fair but why buy when they will release them all again for free at some point

after bungie realsing all the multi player maps with odst,,im a bit skeptic about buying new dlc off bungie,ok 800 points is fair but why buy when they will release them all again for free at some point

They will probably be free at some point, a lot of the map packs they put out in the past were premium content for a few months then became available free after the game had kinda gone off the boil. That was even before they released them all as part of the ODST package, and they never made any secret of the fact that they were going to it.

I suppose the choice you have is to either pay to play them while they're popular, or wait a few months when they will be free but lots of players online will have moved on to the next COD or GOW title or whatever.

Personally, i don't think €4 a go is a lot to ask for the fun i'll get out of the map packs. Putting it in context that's less than you'd pay for a pint in most pubs, and you only get 15 minutes satisfaction out of that before it's no good and you want to get another one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

good point macdaddi,,its a price of a pint and a lot more enjoyment at the time,if i could only find these pint priced xbox points online haha have to admit tho that the odst multi pack disc was a god send as it could be used with any xbox profile that didnt have the previous dlc associated with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

They will probably be free at some point, a lot of the map packs they put out in the past were premium content for a few months then became available free after the game had kinda gone off the boil. That was even before they released them all as part of the ODST package, and they never made any secret of the fact that they were going to it.

I suppose the choice you have is to either pay to play them while they're popular, or wait a few months when they will be free but lots of players online will have moved on to the next COD or GOW title or whatever.

Personally, i don't think €4 a go is a lot to ask for the fun i'll get out of the map packs. Putting it in context that's less than you'd pay for a pint in most pubs, and you only get 15 minutes satisfaction out of that before it's no good and you want to get another one :D

wish i could make a pint last that long :( or be standing after more than 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonkeyfonkey

I was expecting it to be honest straight away when i saw how many maps came with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ADGOBE

love anchor 9

Advertisement