Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800 gtx

Options
  • 14-10-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

A few days ago my pc started acting a little funny...... on the start up screen (Asus Crosshair) Republic of gamers logo has dotted vertical lines going through it, then the win xp logo has horizontal dotted lines going through it.

Sometimes it will boot up to the log in screen but after a few mins it will freeze up and everything will go pink, or it will not boot up at all and i just get black and white squares and blurry images... #

Is my Nvidia 8800gtx fecked ????

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, sounds like it. Off you go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eire_dd

really........you think that is ok to try.

have a gas oven ......will it make a difference ????

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its my video in that thread, oven type shouldnt matter.

Try refreshing drivers, cleaning ALL coolers and re-seating it before attempting a bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eire_dd

Its my video in that thread, oven type shouldnt matter.

Try refreshing drivers, cleaning ALL coolers and re-seating it before attempting a bake.

Already covered all the above....

Just baked the card and it working a treat .......:D

thanks for the help guys.... hope it lasts !!!!

Advertisement