Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for people aged 30!

Options
  • 14-10-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi All!

Me and my husband (ITalian) are looking for new friends in Dublin and we were wondering which pub/local we could go to find people of approximately 30 years.

Can someone help us? :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mademoiselle

Moved from After Hours.

Thanks dr.bollocko!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

You should go to Ranelagh. There are plenty of pups there aimed at that age group. Mc Sorley's always seems to be packed with people in their 30's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Dare I suggest the Italian Quarter opposite Temple Bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mademoiselle

trad wrote: »
    Dare I suggest the Italian Quarter opposite Temple Bar?

Thanks but we aren't looking for italian friends :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dublin city isnt for people over 30, as was said previously the italian quarter would be the best area really unless you want to move outside the city

the bull and castle is good as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

irishbird wrote: »
    dublin city isnt for people over 30,

Seriously :confused: Dublin City is perfect for people of all ages, I must have missed the memo years ago when I turned 30 telling me I'm no longer welcome in the city.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seriously :confused: Dublin City is perfect for people of all ages, I must have missed the memo years ago when I turned 30 telling me I'm no longer welcome in the city.

seriously, how many pubs and bars would you go to in the City ? Myself and my friends would never choose to go in to the city at the weekend.

we stay out in the burbs in comfortable pubs, where you can talk over the music, no hassle getting taxis and dealing with drunk idiots.

maybe its just me and my circle of friends but the thoughts of spend a saturday in a pub in the city holds no interest for me.

i will go in to the city to do other stuff but not to go to bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's a whole load of bars in the city were you can go and have a few drinks and a chat, you don't need to go to the crappy club type places, which I also hate, when you're in there. There's plenty for everyone, if you want to go for a dance and a grope you're well catered for, same too if you want to go for some quite drinks and chats.

And there's not a bit of hassle getting a taxi these days, they're queueing up all over the place waiting for people, not like the crap old days.

Now I don't go into the city very often either due to babies and stuff but I, nor my circle of friends, don't feel it's too young for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I woudl suggest that you try having a look at meetup.com there are losts of groups there.
    Suggesting any random pub won't really result in finding/making friends. You are better of looking for people who have a common intrest with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

What about the Market bar off Georges st. I like it for a chat cos it doesn't have blaring music. Seems to get late 20s+ crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

irishbird wrote: »
    we stay out in the burbs in comfortable pubs, where you can talk over the music, no hassle getting taxis and dealing with drunk idiots.
    Of course these are all exclusive to outside the city :rolleyes:

With a little research plenty of bars in the city fall into this category, as do plenty in the suburbs. You obviously haven't done yours, which is confirmed by your taxi comment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dublin's a great city for all ages but especially for the over 30's. This is Dublin's strong point when juxtaposed with other European cities.

OP try keep it simple to start, perhaps Long Hall on George's st., Grogan's on Sth.William St and The International on Exchequer St. Three music free and friendly pubs that have more people over 28 than you can shake a stick at. If linking these 3 pubs in a night you'll also go by Hogan's, Market Bar, 4 Fade St., Pygmalion, The Old Stand, The Globe, The Stags Head, Shebin Chic and the Library Bar.

Now all of these pubs are within a 200m radius and all cater for the age group you're looking for.

How on earth Dublin can be described as unsuitable for over 30's is beyond me. Sure that list is taking in one small block and there's plenty in it. What about Camden St.? Northside? Stephen's Green region?

I'm 40 and thank god I live in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

God 30 isn't old!! :eek: Plenty of pubs for our age. Messrs Maguire is a personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

hmm..... im 31 ... pretty much any pub in dublin will have people in their 30s in it..... but you and hubby want to find friends - might be better to meet friends in sports clubs or something.

if you* are looking for friends you* don't normally make them in the pub - you* will more than likely goto the pub with friends but you* make your friends outside the pub.

* you = most people

Advertisement