Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keg's

• 14-10-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Well I'm going to approach a local pub owner soon and ask about buying a keg off him for a night and seeing if he has an old tap that I could borrow.

Do I need a gas cylinder to operate it always or is their an alternative?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

There is an alternative pump type thing you can get, not sure where though. But I think gas is better for the beer, so I've heard anyway. A google search says you can rent a gas kit for about €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Is that the one that kind of sprays it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Is that the one that kind of sprays it out?

I'm only googling here, I know nothing about the pumps, but from pictures it looks like you pump it by hand and it has an attached tap, so I assume it shouldn't spray it out. Like I say, no idea where you'd find one.

7509e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

That pump is pumping air inot the keg, so you'd wanna be sure you're going to polish off the keg in one sitting. There are plenty of places that will rent you the gas and any other bits you need - or if the local pub owner is very accommodating he/she might give you gas for the night. You'll need a regulator too, and beer line and fittings too. Possibly a chiller, but there are ways around that.

Thanks for all the help, we have plently of time to get all the stuff together were just trying to keep costs down just 20 of us going to split the costs of a 50litre keg for a house party,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Goibniu

Carlow Brewing Company in Bagenalstown sell kegs and will lend you the equipment with a deposit. Not sure how much though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Thanks for all the help, we have plently of time to get all the stuff together were just trying to keep costs down just 20 of us going to split the costs of a 50litre keg for a house party,

One keg between 20 people, only about 4-5 pints each over the course of an evening.

You might want to look at getting two kegs to make a good night of it? :)

Mr Magners wrote: »
    One keg between 20 people, only about 4-5 pints each over the course of an evening.

You might want to look at getting two kegs to make a good night of it? :)

Yah but were all bringing our own drink and spirits and well also with the keg were getting it for a bit of craic.

Also thanks Goibniu we'll get in contact with them and get some qoutes ill post prices later for those interested.

Advertisement