Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Perlico in Sept. Got bill charging me for Oct.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I Cancelled Perlico Freedom 3mb on Sept 23rd (Phone call 21st and email 23rd acknowledged by them 24th). Got final bill today with this charge:

Description
    Period Covered Charge (inc. VAT)
    Freedom Talk
    01 Oct - 31 Oct €31.99

I got UPC installed on Sat. the 21st and didn't use Perlico phone or broadband again. Perlico didn't cut off their service until Oct. 7, I think to say I had the service available so they can bill me, am I in my rights to refuse to pay them? (Will pay 7 euro for calls in September).

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi All

I Cancelled Perlico Freedom 3mb on Sept 23rd (Phone call 21st and email 23rd acknowledged by them 24th). Got final bill today with this charge:

Description
    Period Covered Charge (inc. VAT)
    Freedom Talk
    01 Oct - 31 Oct €31.99

I got UPC installed on Sat. the 21st and didn't use Perlico phone or broadband again. Perlico didn't cut off their service until Oct. 7, I think to say I had the service available so they can bill me, am I in my rights to refuse to pay them? (Will pay 7 euro for calls in September).

Thanks

Andy

Depends on how much notice you were required to give them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it's 28 days notice, then you must pay for line rental and broadband service for the 28 days following your cancellation request, and all calls obviously. Contact them and tell them to re-issue the final bill with the corrected amounts.

Cancel your direct debit now (if you have one) by writing to the bank. Just pay them what you owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

jor el wrote: »
    If it's 28 days notice, then you must pay for line rental and broadband service for the 28 days following your cancellation request, and all calls obviously.

Perlico didn't play by those rules. In fact they disconnected the OP on 7th October, approx 14 days after getting notice. I wouldn't pay 28 days in those circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From Perlico T&C's (on website):

"After the Minimum Period or, if there is no Minimum Period, at any time, either party may
    terminate the Service on giving the other 30 days’ written notice."

I guess you are entitled to claim back the service for the 23rd to 31st.

• Advertisement
Advertisement