Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 & wifi wep key length problem help?

Options
  • 14-10-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi folks , can someone please help i just bought a new nokia e71 and am trying to enter my Encryption Key: witch is 26 characters long and here is my problem. when the e71 asks to enter the password the ok button disappears, the ok button is there for 5 to 13 characters but after that it disappears can any one help please its doing my head in ??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 war10ck

there's a free apps called "we-fi" at the ovi store.am usin it and no hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > Access points. Start to create a new one, and it gives you the option to change the security settings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What router are you using, you can change the wep key to something like seeujimmy so you don't have to be entering 20 odd digits every time you want to connect a wireless device..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 seeujimmy

thanks a bunch guys have it sorted after messing round with it for hours :) hey druknkmonkey how would go about that ? i don't know much bout routers and the like. its an eircom box ?

Silver, with a a black strip on the front like this one?

8cbaed518a2b0a92f081df90dd1bc40a539dc8e3262ec945f1a97f47dc76fc95.jpg

Its the 2247. Type 192.168.1.254 into the website address bar, and then go into the router wireless settings, and change the WEP there.

• Advertisement

yea dave thats the one . not well up on this any chanc of it in lay mans terms ?

Click 'wireless', and then make note of or change your WEP. Then click save. and the new wep will be saved. This new code will be what you enter into your phone

hi Dave tried to replace the 26 digits but keep getting this
    Error
    WEP key format Error: Enter exactly 26 hexadecimal digits (eg. 12345678901234567890ABCDEF). Do not use 0x in front.

HI guys back again with a strange one just noticed on my keyboard some of the keys are in the wrong place IE.. a .Q .W . BUT SHOULD BE Q.A.Z ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

seeujimmy wrote: »
    HI guys back again with a strange one just noticed on my keyboard some of the keys are in the wrong place IE.. a .Q .W . BUT SHOULD BE Q.A.Z ?

It's an AZERTY keyboard. did you buy it abroad?

• Advertisement

no sam bought it here off a guy i know is it a boogie :confused:? cheers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

hi Dave tried to replace the 26 digits but keep getting this
    Error
    WEP key format Error: Enter exactly 26 hexadecimal digits (eg. 12345678901234567890ABCDEF). Do not use 0x in front.

Have you tried WPA security instead of WEP ?its more secure and you can use shorter passwords ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no sam bought it here off a guy i know is it a boogie :confused:? cheers ..

I'd say he bought it abroad, azerty keyboards are French apparently. There's nothing wrong with it

cheers sam :) phew ...

Advertisement