Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please??

• 14-10-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering would i be able to get abit of advice really...ill keep it short..well i have a dog 2 and half year old boxer bitch,she really is a very laid back dog loves attention and is normally very good..my problem is when we are out walking and she sees another dog its very hard to guage how she is going to be with the dog....she gets on with alot of dogs but to me it seems if she senses the other dog is nervous she will try to attack:eek:she can play with loadsa dogs and be fine but sumtimes she just goes abit mad...im nervous now walking her off lead although she will come back most of the time when i cal her...any advice on what to do would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Keep her on the lead and go for a long walk :)Ive two boxers and one of them can be like that so I wouldnt take a chance xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

boxerly wrote: »
    Keep her on the lead and go for a long walk :)Ive two boxers and one of them can be like that so I wouldnt take a chance xxx

definitly agree!! my boxer used to be the same but hs always on the lead!!! no matter how good they can be most the time is the small bit of chance that god forbid she attacked a dog and hurt it or if there was a child around!! i know its awful to live in the "what if" land but with cases lik this you have to put it first!!!

definitly not worth the chance !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If theres any chance of her attacking another dog, I would keep her on the lead (especially as you said she MOSTLY comes back), only let her off when in a confined area and with dogs you know she gets on with.
    Just think how you'd feel if another dog did this too yours and you found out the owner knew it could happen.

Advertisement