If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32"8404.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi, Can you give me a price 4 a 32" 8404? Thanks
    Oh ya, need a stand too.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

lumo22 wrote: »
    Hi, Can you give me a price 4 a 32" 8404? Thanks
    Oh ya, need a stand too.

Lumo,

many thanks for the post - the 32PFL8404 is now a finished line (was one of my faves actually!)and has been replaced by the awesome 32PFL8605 - however the specification of the 8404 is actually closer to the 32PFL7605 - to be honest the 7605 again is vastly superior in spec to the 8404 - the 8404 was 80,000:1 contrast ratio / 500Cd brightness / 100Hz & 3 Ms refresh rate whilst the 7605 is LED - (so uses vastly less power) 5000,000:1 Dynamic contrast, 100Hz with a 2Ms refresh rate - it's still networkable and at the moment is on a great offer with a free PTA01 which is a Wi-fi Dongle (not just a Wi-fi dongle, but more about that in a moment!) but it also comes with a 5 year warranty at the moment - we can do it at €799.99 and as ever we will happily beat ANY cheaper price!

The PTA 01 http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_eng.pdf really is a handy little bit of kit - Ok so the main function is a bit boring - it just connects your TV to the web & your home wifi network - but it also comes with a really handy bit of software which is called 'Philips Media Connect' - this is a bit of software which wirelessly streams ANY content from your laptop direct to your TV - no more worrying about what files will play on your TV - if you can see and hear it on your laptop - now your TV will play it!

Here are the details on the TV:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7605h_05/32pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

The 32PFL8605 is also an excellent unit and is a 200HZ model over the 100HZ of the 7605 - it is also a flush screen style but to be honest the 7605 really is the technically closest replacement for the 8404.

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way - we have the 32 7605 in stock ready for collection / delivery!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.