Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Qualification for Oz Visa

• 14-10-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm not too sure where to post this. I passed my finals of my ACCA last December and I am waiting for my membership. Does anyone know if you need to be a member and have one year's post qual experience or is it one year from ehwn you pass your exams???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I'm not too sure where to post this. I passed my finals of my ACCA last December and I am waiting for my membership. Does anyone know if you need to be a member and have one year's post qual experience or is it one year from ehwn you pass your exams???

Thanks

Don't know 100% but once your qualified it's ok for the VISA. However, although the Aussie government recognise ACCA in obtaining a VISA it is AFAIK have no mutual recognition agreement like ACA or even CPA have in Australia. Might impact on job opportunity down there but I haven't tried myself. Just google ACCA and australia jobs and some forums will pop up with experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭joint 11th

what visa does this entitle you to, i take it you don't mean the working holiday visa?

Advertisement