Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fireworks !

• 14-10-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭

I bloody hate fireworks, started setting them off again last week and now they're going off every minute or so ! Dogs are freaking out (poor lab is shaking like a leaf under my blanket right now !).

Whats the situation where you live ? I thought they were banned ? Really anoying, would love to shove those bangers where the sun don't shine !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Same here, if it wasn't for my dog being afraid of them I wouldn't give a shit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Magill wrote: »
    I bloody hate fireworks, started setting them off again last week and now they're going off every minute or so ! Dogs are freaking out (poor lab is shaking like a leaf under my blanket right now !).

Whats the situation where you live ? I thought they were banned ? Really anoying, would love to shove those bangers where the sun don't shine !

This thread should really be about your dog defecating under your blanket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I live in the country so no one really uses them thank fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Whats the situation where you live ?

Countryside, no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Really, really hate them when they aren't done right. Extremely dangerous with no expertise and so many unnecessary casualties and fatalities because of them.

When a proper fireworks show is done though, it's fantastic!

Quite common in my area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

They are banned and just like everything else that's banned they are easily available and they are abused that extra little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This thread should really be about your dog defecating under your blanket.

haha, i better check before i go to sleep tonite eh :D

I agree, i really like fireworks on holloween night, proper fireworks. Its these bangers and squealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i love fireworks! once they are done right, they can be amazing, unfortunately i think you have to leave Ireland to see a proper fireworks display!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

mars bar wrote: »
    Really, really hate them when they aren't done right. Extremely dangerous with no expertise and so many unnecessary casualties and fatalities because of them.

When a proper fireworks show is done though, it's fantastic!

Quite common in my area.

I doubt they've caused many fatalities here in Ireleand tbh.

Personally I love them, and would love to get some this Haloween, do they still sell them on Moore street??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Havnt heard any the last couple of days. Somebody threw one in my garden last week. Not a major fan of them for the reason that they get into the wrong hands too often.

• Advertisement

Personally I love them, and would love to get some this Haloween, do they still sell them on Moore street??:confused:

My cousin lost half her finger when she was 14/15 when a banger stuck to her jumper. They can be quite dangerous tbh, especially when kids can get them so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Fireworks!

Woo! They're great, love them:pac::pac::pac:

Live in the countryside now and so don't get the head wrecked with them.

It's the fact that they're dangerous and loud and annoying is why they are such good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

so long as you're not really stupid and you hang around with a decent group of kids, fireworks are great. the adrenaline rush and excitement is beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Illegal bangers or fireworks with a zero time delay fuse will solve this yearly problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

They're a load of me hoop and a waste of time and money!

That is all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

fireworks are basically terrorist bomb attacks, therefore it is perfectly ok to kill the offenders in the interests of national security amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I'm gonna stick a banger up me hole for the craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

squod wrote: »
    I'm gonna stick a banger up me hole for the craic

mpegs or gtfo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

The mental deficients in my area are annoying the hell out of me. The same firework, minute after minute after minute, do they not get bored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Whats the situation where you live ? I thought they were banned ?

your location says Newery, i thought they were legal up there, no ? :confused:

what about one of these, http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/detailed_product.asp?id=2267

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

When I was about *16 I had a roman candle explode in my hand. Had severe burns and in depth scarring. I still to this day can't run my hand under a hot tap for a prolonged period. Have to avoid the sun and I can't touch my baby finger with my thumb because the nerves were damaged.

Spent 6 weeks with a plastic type bag thing around my hand/arm. Was the most painful thing ever to happen to me bar breaking my collar bone and dislocating my shoulder.

Also, 2 of my finger nails fell off.

Fingerworks are insanely dangerous.

*Thought I was the **** and completely invincible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Same OP. My dog (also a lab) is so afraid of them its horrendous. He tries to hide in the shower when he hears them. I got some doggy valium last year and they worked a treat. They took about 30 mins to work and lasted until the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Do you always sleep with dogs?

Dogging and bangers in the same post. Superb

Same OP. My dog (also a lab) is so afraid of them its horrendous. He tries to hide in the shower when he hears them. I got some doggy valium last year and they worked a treat. They took about 30 mins to work and lasted until the next day.

Yeah i'll have to have a wee run out to the vet tomorrow to get something for them, really freaks them out :(
    gaz wac wrote: »
    your location says Newry, i thought they were legal up there, no ? :confused:

what about one of these, http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/detailed_product.asp?id=2267

yeah i wasnt sure whether or not it was. Theres a big firework place up near the border, wasnt sure if it was on this side or not.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    Do you always sleep with dogs?

Yeah... because im obviously posting on boards while sleeping in my bed with my dog and my computer :confused: lol.

They roam round the house till bed time mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

When I was about *16 I had a roman candle explode in my hand. Had severe burns and in depth scarring. I still to this day can't run my hand under a hot tap for a prolonged period. Have to avoid the sun and I can't touch my baby finger with my thumb because the nerves were damaged.
    Yeah my brother in law lost the little finger and the finger next to it from his left hand due to a firework last year. To be honest even if they were legal you'd still have the usual suspects damaging themselves and other people with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No matter the number of fatalities, it's completely avoidable.

And I include animals in those fatalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

What kind of pricks hurt animals with fireworks. Makes me so angry thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Best fireworks show that I ever saw was at the Ballina street festival, I was shocked at how good they were

I love fireworks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

We haven't had any around here yet thankfully.Personally I love them but they have to be done properly and safely.

We have 4 dogs, 2 hate them and 2 are ok. Have some stuff from the vet ready for them.

When I was a kid all I can remember being around were bangers and sparklers. I lived in the UK for years and you could get all sorts there and there was toe-rags around everywhere doing stupid stuff with them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

kfallon wrote: »
    They're a load of me hoop and a waste of time and money!

That is all :pac:

was a press release from the president of the fun police :rolleyes:

Advertisement