Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting car keys cut.

Options
  • 14-10-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I am looking for good places to get car keys cut in Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

+1, unless it's a very old simple key, be prepared for an ass raping. I was quoted 80 Euro recently just to have a key copied without the immobiliser chip, and even then they weren't sure if it'd work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Coinneens (*spelling?) on Oliver Plunkett St. on the Guineys side of the street is decent - I've had a few keys cut there and they've all been fairly cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Follow the white Rabbit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

+1, unless it's a very old simple key, be prepared for an ass raping. I was quoted 80 Euro recently just to have a key copied without the immobiliser chip, and even then they weren't sure if it'd work.

€80 god thats really pricey for a key...haha I only have to pay well the last time I got it done €10 for 2 golden oldies are best and cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Was that because it was a special key? I've heard of dealers looking for 90EUR for a non-chipped Toyota key :eek:

I got a pair of keys cut for my classic car in there a few years back for 15EUR. When one of them wouldn't work they filed it down a bit more for free even though I had lost the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I had to get a BMW key cut for my car after my other one broke and it cost me 160 euro for a new one and you could only get them from BMW direct.

Advertisement