Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouzo's opening in Blackrock

Options
  • 14-10-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Driving through Blackrock today, I noticed new signs up on the old Mad Hatter pub - seems Ouzo's of Dalkey are opening - good news for Blackrock! I hope it does better than some of the previous occupiers here!
    Their Dalkey branch is one of my favourite restaurants around - hope this is as good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

spyderski wrote: »
    Driving through Blackrock today, I noticed new signs up on the old Mad Hatter pub - seems Ouzo's of Dalkey are opening - good news for Blackrock! I hope it does better than some of the previous occupiers here!
    Their Dalkey branch is one of my favourite restaurants around - hope this is as good.

restraunt?/ the sign says 'Bar & Grill'... was hoping it wouldnt be a restraunt per se but more of a 'Bar & Grill' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's been up for about a month if not more though and there's no sign of any movement within unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Nope, posters in the window have been up a while, but the actual signage went up in the last week or so...

Nope, posters in the window have been up a while, but the actual signage went up in the last week or so...

Oh really? My mistake! That's pretty cool news

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

There has also been a fair bit of work going on inside. Apparently it is going to be a bar downstairs with a restaurant type thing upstairs.

• Advertisement

Well here's hoping they don't massively balls it up like the last occupier of that space.

I actually quite liked Jo'Burger that was there before - they didn't give it much time to work though - can't have been opened 12 months!

I actually quite liked Jo'Burger that was there before - they didn't give it much time to work though - can't have been opened 12 months!

Company went in to liquidation. Having nothing at ground floor level hit them hard i would say. They lost out on a lot of the passing foot fall that way

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In order to attract passing trade for that type of casual eating you need to have visibility from outside to see what the place looks like inside, the guys on the fork near Tonic still haven't learned that lesson since they closed the diner that was there and tried two different styles of restaurant, first Enrico's and now some style of oriental restaurant, both abysmal failures because in both cases the interior wasn't visible from outside so people just didn't go in.

When you pass Cafe Java on the main street you can see what's going on inside so it's not such a big risk to venture in, a lot of places think they can throw up a fancy sign and a menu and expect people to wander in even though they can't see the interior from outside, they won't.

Just heard today they're supposed to be opening on the 9th November - there was a delay due to licencing issues apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Just heard today they're supposed to be opening on the 9th November - there was a delay due to licencing issues apparently.
    Yeah, work looked well underway when I had a peek in at the weekend. Looks all shiny and new inside with a big curvy bar.

Opened today!

Saw it open this evening - looks well - seemed to be a decent crowd in there. Might try it over the weekend.

Advertisement